I was looking at a book that had guitars in it and I saw this ugly thing :-hateit:-hateit

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/SquierVenus.jpg

and theres a 12 string version

http://www.kozmix.org/music/toys/pix/venus12.jpg

I read that this thing was designed by Courtney Love, I guess it only ran for like 2 years

I think its really ugly, it looks like a strat got ran over

she had a bunch of them on a tour, she would give one away at the end of a concert.

later on, there were some with just a single coil in the neck.

the singer from Kula Shaker used the 12string version.

They're not the prettiest of things granted but for me, thats part of the charm. Also they are part of the Vista series that also include the original JagMaster and the rather superb SuperSonic so its a win from me.

Yeah they're ugly but that's what's appealing to me too. That bound neck with the angled heel is rad. These are GREAT quality guitars.

I was looking at a book that had guitars in it and I saw this ugly thing :-hateit:-hateit

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/SquierVenus.jpg

and theres a 12 string version

http://www.kozmix.org/music/toys/pix/venus12.jpg

I read that this thing was designed by Courtney Love, I guess it only ran for like 2 years

I think its really ugly, it looks like a strat got ran over

You really think anybody on here doesn't know about that guitar?

:roll:

I'm not a fan, they are just too weird for me. They look like a mishmash of a whole bunch of other guitars. The colours are yuck too. It might look better in Grafitti Yellow, or especially CAR.

Of the Vista series, I only really like the Jagmaster and the Musicmaster. The rest are just a bout too outre' for my tastes.

:-hmmm not sure i understand..

There is no tone control on these magnificent guitars,

Does it just have 2 volume controls??? I didn't know that.

I actually had the design wrong in my mind. I thought the controls were on the upper bout...

I actually had the design wrong in my mind. I thought the controls were on the upper bout...

It does mate yes. A bit strange but kinda cool.

I have always wanted a Venus 12 string version. I played 1 back in the mid 90's and liked it, but thought it overpriced for a Squier.

Good Sqiuers though. Build quality is excellent.

Yeah the 2 volumes are actually really nice! It makes it a lot like a Gibson where you can easily have the two pups running at different volume levels and just. It helps in live playing with dynamics.

And I'm not just saying it's so great cause I'm trying to sell one :lol:

I love my Venus. It has the nicest neck of any guitar I own.

What kind of version/color is it? :P

It's the 6 string version in sea foam green. I'm on the lookout for the 12-string version!

I like the Venus . Played one in a shop a while back . Awkward playing sitting down but sounds decent .

I like the Venus . Played one in a shop a while back . Awkward playing sitting down but sounds decent .

@Paolo: ''Thanks, it made my gas for it go up even more!!!!!!'' :lol:

@Rox: ''Do you know how much they asked for it?'' :P

I have been wanting a 12 string version of the Venus for a long time. I love the fact that it's the only Squier that had real Seymour Duncans designed just for it, it's build quality was superb for the price, and it isn't a typical looking intrument. I have always wanted an electric twelve string, and this guitar just fits my tastes. Not really into the 6 string version though. Wish Fender would reissue the Venus 12, but doubt that will EVER happen.... Definately the most unique electic 12 string fender has ever made...