Sorry, I couldn't resist :P

Seriously, has anyone tried these? I ended up with some buy accident a couple of months ago when I put together a custom-guage set for my Telecaster (10-42).

It's weird, I don't usually pretend that I can feel the difference between strings - to me it's like pretending to hear tonal differences between body woods - but these CM strings just felt softer and smoother than the d'Addario's I have always used.

Has anyone else tried Curt Mangan's, and if so, what did you think?

don't see why not. I do a lot of big bends and vibrato, had the same set of strings on my SG for a very long time now and they're still pristine.

Amen to that. I had the same set of Mangans on my tele for ages and when I took them off this morning they were still fine. d'Addarios seem to get sticky and gunky a lot quicker.

don't see why not. I do a lot of big bends and vibrato, had the same set of strings on my SG for a very long time now and they're still pristine.

Amen to that. I had the same set of Mangans on my tele for ages and when I took them off this morning they were still fine. d'Addarios seem to get sticky and gunky a lot quicker.

Yeah, and I hate that brand new string sound.

I tend to prefer bright sounding strings with non conventional attachments that don't require wrapping the strings around a ball end. That's why I use Fender Bullets.....damn this is sounding like a commercial!

I use earnie balls but I have problems with them unraveling on my Jaguar and Jazzmaster's trem units (unless I whip out the Soldering Iron, which is an extra 10 minutes on restringing).

D'addario's I've used a few times, but I have more problems with them breaking than other brands for some reason.

Used DR's, those were broken string city. How Dime ever used those without breaking them every 5 minutes I'll never know.

As far as the body woods thing, it DOES make a difference, but not in the way most people think...and also, being as wood is a biological item, there can be wide variances from one piece or lot to another. What you hear that's different (and very very marginally), is attack and decay of notes, not the actual "tonality" or timbre of the guitar. Maple bodies sound brighter not because they enhance treble but because the attack is sharper due to less absorbance and sympathetic vibration with the string, givving the illusion there is more treble than there really is. Even then, it can't be a general rule. That's why I just play whatever wood it's made out of and don't give a crud. I've owned guitars with pressure treated pine bodies before, some of those had exceptional sound quality.

I use earnie balls but I have problems with them unraveling on my Jaguar and Jazzmaster's trem units (unless I whip out the Soldering Iron, which is an extra 10 minutes on restringing).

I have this problem, going through high (pitch) E strings like no tomorrow...

I want a new brand of strings to try,

hit me with some. (not literally)

I have this problem, going through high (pitch) E strings like no tomorrow...

I want a new brand of strings to try,

hit me with some. (not literally)

Ummm, Curt Mangans :P

who here thought this was another nirvana thread? I sure did.

When I created the thread I was just being a bit satirical, sorry if there was confusion :)

But as Disappearer noticed, I'm not the most likely candidate to create a Teh Kurdtz thread :P

I use curt mangan's only anymore, great strings with a really good feel.

I used to use DR's which never broke on me but I tried CM's and was hooked. And I've checked their site and they support less known (read-"Underground") kinda bands which gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :lol: