hey im wondering did they ever make fiesta red mustangs and if so why dont they use that color can you still get in japan, post it up and the only reason i say this is because i look every where and there all dakota red and why are jagstangs this color this i know that kurt had that color of mustang but when i go to mr. maximas story about those reissues and their only sonic blue and some tan color its weird

Excellent run-on sentence . :-D

I think the older ones( Mustangs) were Dakota and the CIJ Reissue basses come in fiesta .

Can't talk for Jagstangs . I'm sure all the info you need will be listed in the reference spot here .

once and for all Kurt did not have a Fiesta Red Mustang!!!

Mustangs were made in these colors...sunburst, black, olympic white, sonic blue, daphne blue, dakota red, competition blue, competition red, competition orange, natural, mocha brown, wine red transparent, and antigua.

Just like Kurts Sonic Blue Mustangs looked white under stage lights his Dakota Red would have looked slightly more orangish. I believe the misconception comes from a mistake on KurtsEquipment.com they say 1. Fiesta Red but I don't think it was Fiesta because I have never seen another Fiesta Red Mustang in my life.

The so called Fiesta Red Mustang without any flash or lights the color is actually much deeper

072393.17.jpg

Kurts red reissue mustang WAS fiesta red - this is clearly visible in the photos of him at NPA. It has that tomato soup red shade.

having said that, I have NEVER seen another fiesta red reissue mustang from this era, especially one with a neck date from 1993-1999, they just don't exist. Kurt's was def a one off for some reason - and sent to him as a single guitar, months before his sonic blue ones.

Starting from around/circa 2000 Fender Japan did do Fiesta Red & Fiesta red competition mustangs and they can been seen on google.

This fiesta-red mustang is the only reason i can deduce that his second jag-stang was fiesta red. I seriously doubt kurt even knew what fiesta red was, my guess he asked fender to do his jag-stangs the same colors as his reissue mustangs - thats why his US made ones were sonic blue & fiesta red.

Okay let me put this topic to bed, nobody has seen a fiesta red mustang for one reason THERE ARE NONE. Fender has never produced a Fiesta Red Mustang ever in there entire history with the guitar.

If you take a visit to http://fendermustangstory.com/default.htm you can read about the entire history of the Fender Mustang and every color they came in, Fiesta Red is never mentioned it is Dakota Red, Red (when they dropped the word Dakota in 72), and Competition Red.

Kurt's Mustang was not Fiesta Red I don't see why this topic has been discussed three times in the last month every week someone starts it again, there are no Fiesta Red Mustangs, Kurt's was in fact Dakota Red I highly doubt Fender Japan created him a one off Fiesta Red Mustang for no reason at all...

Heres a photo of one of his Red Mustangs its obviously a Dakota Red Mustang that looks slightler lighter because it is under all the stage lights much like his Sonic Blue Mustang looked White.

kurt-red-guitar.jpg

This is direct from Wikipedia in regards to Fender Mustang colors its supported by Mr.Maximas History page "The Mustang has been produced in the following colors: sunburst, black, olympic white, sonic blue, daphne blue, dakota red, competition blue, competition red, competition orange, natural, mocha brown, wine red transparent, and antigua."

ok assclown, how does it feel... look at him look at him look at him!

1. Mr Maxima is talking about vintage mustangs, we are talking reissue mustangs.

2. Kurts red Mustang WAS fiesta red & most likely built in 1993

3. Here you can buy one now if you want (MG73/CO FRD):

311123500.jpg

4. I have photos off ebay somewhere of a Fiesta Red reissue mustang (non comp) from around 2002.

5. Fiesta Red Mustangs DO exist, however like previously stated, pre 2000 are rare or non-existent.

6. Slap yourself for not knowing your shades of Fender red

alright #### head lets check something out number 1 Mr.Maxima has a specific section devoted entirely to reissue Mustangs, number 2 your amazing photo is of a Competition Red Mustang now who knows there #### colors

Number 2 the correct shade of Fiesta Red is right here on a refinished Jaguar

1_62JaguarREDRefin_6.jpg

Slap yourself for being a stupid prick coming on a forum like a typical Kurt idolizing dick arguing about the color of a guitar that has been covered multiple times in this month alone.

And heres a Competition Red Mustang notice the stripes and deeper colors get your eyes checked and your #### head straight before you coming on here acting like a jackass

2488921862_d4c42e7740.jpg

and on that note im done with this thread and all theses bull#### Kurt this and Kurt that threads.

lolz @ color blind crackhead

The only crackhead here is you. You come here and post a reaction with the word ''assclown'' in it while Bandit was only telling you the truth and giving his opinion.

Even if Cobain's Mustang was Fiesta Red, who gives a ####?

Stop whining and start playing dammit........ :roll:

Excellent run-on sentence . :-D

:lol:

Secondly, nobody cares about what shade of red Kurt's guitars were, not even Kurt. He only used those guitars because they were cheap at the time and comfortable, and I have no doubt he would facepalm at all his clones who want to emulate his every move. You can't really come on here and argue with somebody like Bandit who is not only a regular here but knows more than you about this anyway.

Assclown. :lol:

new favorite line 'assclown' i don't think bandit's an assclown cause he's neither an idiot or a jackass. but i wanna sig that cause it's just so darn stupid.

i'm guessing you're a big fan o'cobain jazz stang? well here's the perfect thing for the obsessive kurt cloner such as yourself http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 249wt_1079

edit: that's probably yours actually I wouldn't be surprised.

Yes reissue mustangs come in Fiesta Red and Competition red.

The one that Jazz Stang Posted was FRD(Fiesta Red), the 'stang that Bandit posted was OCR(Old Candy Apple Red). Bandit is expecting "Vintage Correct" out of Fender Japan. Fender Japan makes an Olympic White, Orange, Fiesta Red, Candy Apple Red, Lake Placid Blue, and some greenish color in the competition style. And I do believe that Kurt's Mustang is Fiesta Red, and yes, while the stage lights may affect the color, I do not think it would be that dramatic. Even his Sonic blue mustangs were still blue to me, not white.

Yes reissue mustangs come in Fiesta Red and Competition red.

The one that Jazz Stang Posted was FRD(Fiesta Red), the 'stang that Bandit posted was OCR(Old Candy Apple Red). Bandit is expecting "Vintage Correct" out of Fender Japan. Fender Japan makes an Olympic White, Orange, Fiesta Red, Candy Apple Red, Lake Placid Blue, and some greenish color in the competition style. And I do believe that Kurt's Mustang is Fiesta Red, and yes, while the stage lights may affect the color, I do not think it would be that dramatic. Even his Sonic blue mustangs were still blue to me, not white.

Somehow I get dragged back into the thread :lol:

No offense to you but I am not expecting Vintage Correct from Fender Japan, I know there aren't any Fiesta Red Mustangs from Fender Japan because I have ordered a Mustang myself FROM FENDER JAPAN! When I ordered it 2 years ago before the whole no import to USA thing you were able to order from there whole stock of insane colors Yellow and even Silver but there was not once a Fiesta Red Mustang that I saw out of the whole lot of insane colors.

As for the blue looking white there are a few photos that throw your average 12 year old Kurt fan into a hissy fit about wanting a white Mustang they are;

hearts-kurtlookingdownplaying.jpg

kurt1.jpg

It does look very white to me in those pictures but its just the lights still its all a matter of opinion.

I'm just saying when I don't believe Kurt had a Fiesta Red Mustang, I've ordered a Mustang directly from Japan, I've seen there catalogs I've emailed Japanese Guitar stores for pictures etc of Mustangs in stock and never was a Fiesta Red one available that is what I've seen in my reading and from personal experience just saying.

ShortsAMP.jpg

My Dakota Red Mustang and Kurt Cobain Jaguar both ordered from Japan to the United States. But if people want to say Kurt's was some one of Fiesta Red just to satisfy whatever in themselves so be it.

who the hell is kurt cobain?

what the hell is all this fiesta red and dakota red talk about?

and why give a #### about different shades of red and if this cobain guy used a fiesta red mustang(he didnt) or not?

im pretty sure bandit is right on this one....actually 100% sure.

FENDER ONLY MADE DAKOTA RED MUSTANGS!

jazzstang u are a crackclown!

bandit=win

and you FAIL!

Love the responses ,but the fact is maybe kurt asked for a fiesta red mustang from fender? its possible since lets remember he was A FAMOUS ROCKSTAR. band Guitarist makes a good point the could just be dakota red and since they been making the kc mustang in japan, they have never made a red one, ( which is werid because he played a red one as we all know)its only in sonic blue and a tan cream color, so its still unawsered the best way is to watch the peformace in 1994 on that french television bit they did, its shows this guitar in great detail

Love the responses ,but the fact is maybe kurt asked for a fiesta red mustang from fender? its possible since lets remember he was A FAMOUS ROCKSTAR. band Guitarist makes a good point the could just be dakota red and since they been making the kc mustang in japan, they have never made a red one, ( which is werid because he played a red one as we all know)its only in sonic blue and a tan cream color, so its still unawsered the best way is to watch the peformace in 1994 on that french television bit they did, its shows this guitar in great detail

One word: LIGHTING

If I remember correctly, I used to have the Guitar Player gear guide every year from 1995-1999, and every last one of those listed the Japanese Mustangs as coming in Sonic Blue, Vintage White, and Fiesta Red. The specifications may have changed since then, Fender Japan was never stuck on one way to make their guitars. I still have yet to see what colors Fender offered on their Mustangs prior to 1995 though, but I reckon it was not much different.

Every 69' Mustang I've seen in this thread so far qualifies as Fiesta red, my Musicmaster was Dakota Red, and I've seen Fiesta red guitars before in person - Dakota Red vs Fiesta, Dakota is more of a pure red whereas Fiesta is more of a quasi-pastel orangy red color.Competition red is mostly just Candy Apple Red Overcoat to Vintage White.

I would not be surprised if on Vintage Examples Fender used both red colors either to use up extra paint (likely) or to follow color trends of the time (darker shades were more preferred towards the end of the 60's through the 70's), that might be why they just specified just Red. Maybe in 64' Fender had a bunch of unsold unused Dakota Red paint to use up, so they decided to use it on Mustangs, Musicmasters, and Duo-Sonics. Then went to Fiesta when the bright colored surf guitar era was over to use that color up, and restocked on dakota to have a darker brickish red to follow the times. This could have resulted in a large amount of mix and matched red student models.

Another possibility is that Fender Japan got their source instrument to copy the mustang from a faded Dakota Red Mustang, and intiially thought it was Fiesta red bone stock, and later found out Fender only ever made them in Dakota red.

Just some thoughts on the finishing bit. I dunno why a guitar's finish matters, I tend to chip a lot of it off of mine anyway. I don't think Kurt thought about it a lot too, he probably just picked colors he liked when given the option, but did not care much otherwise.

kurt is singing about how his mustang is fiesta red. and this was the last known date that he played it at, at least as far as surfaced pictures and videos goes.

although there is some footage later in the europe tour that it was still available and sitting in the guitar rack late feb, but not used.

click pictures on the feb 94 NPA entry at NLG:

http://www.nirvanaguide.com/images/1994/020494.01.jpg