So to kinda hijack the thread ( not really but kinda :lol: ) WHAT ARE ALL the colors for reissues ?

I own a vintage white mustang and discovered they sold an Olympic white RI as well .

Then there's the whole sonic blue and daphne blue and the Dakota and whatever red for the 6 string but fiesta for the bass. Can someone PLEASE list the colors to ease the anxiety ? :-hmmm:lol::-hmmm

So to kinda hijack the thread ( not really but kinda :lol: ) WHAT ARE ALL the colors for reissues ?

I own a vintage white mustang and discovered they sold an Olympic white RI as well .

Then there's the whole sonic blue and daphne blue and the Dakota and whatever red for the 6 string but fiesta for the bass. Can someone PLEASE list the colors to ease the anxiety ? :-hmmm:lol::-hmmm

the colors for reissues which I know the '65 reissues are dakota red, olympic white, and daphne blue and I believe thats it. for bass it's vintage white and fiesta red I believe. (i'm not sure why fender makes the reissue 6 string guitar dakota red while they make the bass fiesta red, seems odd...But Fender's fender.)

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think paying tribute to a musician is ok, but it seems like Kurt liked guitars of all sorts of colors. (red, blue, tobacco, black, white, etc.) why not just pick a red you like and go with it. Kurt had lots of guitars and i would be surprised if he was picky about what red guitar he was going to stab in to his speaker or thrash on stage. He seemed to have more blue ones than red made, but they were all cool.

I think paying tribute to a musician is ok, but it seems like Kurt liked guitars of all sorts of colors. (red, blue, tobacco, black, white, etc.) why not just pick a red you like and go with it. Kurt had lots of guitars and i would be surprised if he was picky about what red guitar he was going to stab in to his speaker or thrash on stage. He seemed to have more blue ones than red made, but they were all cool.

Second this.

It's okay to want the same guitars as Kurt, but if Kurt had a red guitar

it doesn't matter what shade of red it is. Get a red Mustang and shove off.

You're the only person who will ever care that yours isn't the EXACT same as

his. Not knowing Kurt but basing off my own personal feelings, I think he would

without a doubt find this forum very funny and informative to even his own self.

Second this.

It's okay to want the same guitars as Kurt, but if Kurt had a red guitar

it doesn't matter what shade of red it is. Get a red Mustang and shove off.

You're the only person who will ever care that yours isn't the EXACT same as

his. Not knowing Kurt but basing off my own personal feelings, I think he would

without a doubt find this forum very funny and informative to even his own self.

It is also easily possible given how many guitars he went through live and such that he had many shades of red guitars. If he had a Fiesta Red Mustang painted for the fun of it, he could also have had a regular red Mustang too. It would be funny for a musician to have to exact copies of a guitar with slightly different reds to switch back and forth to drive fanatics crazy.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For years there have been rumors among guitar techs of secret scientific tests that showed only Fiesta Red Mustangs will produce the tone Kurt Cobain got. I'm pretty sure this is true.

;)

Ha! Not unless you've got thousands of dollars of gear. This will be Kurt Stang #2, built a Sonic Blue a few years back. I will say paired up with a Mesa head, Marshall Cab, and the right settings, the tone is close. Jeez once I have this one done, I'll have 5 Mustangs. Damn...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they absolutely make "69 reissues in fiesta red, but they come with a MATCHING HEADSTOCK. It would be simple to oreder the feista red w/matching headstock and then just order a 69 reissue neck. once you get the both delivered change the necks. Then you will Have a fiesta red 69 reissue that is exactly like Kurts except for the bridge, pots, and pickups. I am %100 correct. If you have any questions feel free to ask me and we can get you on the way to hVING AND EXACT DUPLIATE. peace brother

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
they absolutely make "69 reissues in fiesta red, but they come with a MATCHING HEADSTOCK. It would be simple to oreder the feista red w/matching headstock and then just order a 69 reissue neck. once you get the both delivered change the necks. Then you will Have a fiesta red 69 reissue that is exactly like Kurts except for the bridge, pots, and pickups. I am %100 correct. If you have any questions feel free to ask me and we can get you on the way to hVING AND EXACT DUPLIATE. peace brother

Good suggestions. Or do what the more serious Kurt devotees do.

Order a Custom Shop Fender Strat, '59 Reissue in any color. Doesn't matter. Get a JagStang template and cut the Strat body to match the template. Paint it a mixture of Fiesta Red and Dakota Red...this is the secret to gettin it right...the exact color Kurt ordered...my friend in Seattle has actually seen the reciept (reads Japanese).

THEN you order the '69 reissue neck. Believe me this works. Paint that headstock the same Fiesta-Dakota mix, front and back. Yes, front and back my friend. If you want authenticity. The videos and photos never show it, right? But the back of his headstock was in fact painted also.

Add the exact pots, bridge, pickups, and a ding the size of a penny on the edge of the lower-rear bout, right where Courtney hit it with a bottle. Rough up the finish a bit with .001 sandpaper and add a small cigarette burn to the headstock under the low-E string between the nut and tuner. (BTW, his hi-E was a banjo string.)

Pour a little Oly on the back and let it sit till it's tacky. For a little more than you'd pay for a Custom Shop Strat you have an axe that Kurt could not distinguish from his own (maybe unless he was not using that day).

If ya gonna do it, do it so it smells like teen spirit.

• 6 years later...