[sarcasm] My friend's "Great idea [sarcasm]

So my friend who thinks he can play guitar just because he enherated a japanese fender strat (that he thinks is american and better then any guitar in the universe but it is not as good as any JS) from his dad has this so called great idea. He told me that he was going to buy this cheap guitar

41OyxIideXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Flying-Electric-Guitar-Stunning-Design/dp/B002JLFENQ

he told me that he is gonna sell the pickups in there for more than there woth and buY these and put them in

DY3018-LG.jpg

Those are acoustic humbuckers! He also wanted to get a new bridge for it and he wanted to know what the bridge on my jagstang was. So I told him the name but then i remembered that there is no room for the springs for it. so i told him and he just kinda ignored me. So i will see if he follows through with this and if he does i will play it and let you guys know. It sure will sound weird with the acoustic pickups in there and also he probably wont sell the pickups in that thing for more than 30$

.................. talk about some impractical mods........ seriously why does he want to put acoustic pups in it? and why would he replace a Floyd for a Dynamic Vibrato? I mean I can see replacing the cheap knockoff for a higher quality Floyd, but a dynamic vibrato seems to be a step backwards imo (although I guess the dynamic vibrato does have its fans)....... I dunno the whole thing just sounds a lil bit tryhard and poorly thought out to me

.................. talk about some impractical mods........ seriously why does he want to put acoustic pups in it? and why would he replace a Floyd for a Dynamic Vibrato? I mean I can see replacing the cheap knockoff for a higher quality Floyd, but a dynamic vibrato seems to be a step backwards imo (although I guess the dynamic vibrato does have its fans)....... I dunno the whole thing just sounds a lil bit tryhard and poorly thought out to me

I know, I'm a huge Dynamic fan myself, and aside from looking stupid, it'd be very impractical, I have a Vee project coming up, and that guitar will have a Floyd Rose, not a Dynamic.

I might just sit back and enjoy the comedy...if he ever gets it. maybe if he ruins it he will give it to me and I probably would do something with it.

it sounds like something that would never end up happening, just more n00b guitarist BS.

I would just try to simplify the reason as to why it won't work, and sit back and have a laugh.

And why the hell would he want to swap it for a dynamic vibrato?

I wouldn't worry to much though one of two things will happen...

1) he tries it, and realizes that he's an idiot.

2) he just grows out of the idea.

I would just try to simplify the reason as to why it won't work, and sit back and have a laugh.

I think if he ends up getting the dynamic vibrato once he puts it up to the guitar he'd realize there isn't room for it. If he doesn't he probably won't graduate high school.

I think if he ends up getting the dynamic vibrato once he puts it up to the guitar he'd realize there isn't room for it. If he doesn't he probably won't graduate high school.

Yeah I hope this is just because he doesn't know any better, and not because he's really an idiot.

You're gonna tell us how bad it's gonna play if he somehow gets it to work right?

god i love this forum.

:lol:

+1. You know when you go to a small town you've never been to before, and you walk into the pub and all the locals just stare at you and you walk out slowly? That's what it must feel like for new people here. :lol:

god i love this forum.

+1. You know when you go to a small town you've never been to before, and you walk into the pub and all the locals just stare at you and you walk out slowly? That's what it must feel like for new people here. :lol:

This is a local shop! For local People!

This is a local shop! For local People!

Yeah, that sounds like the Trading Section alright.

god i love this forum.

I say we do like Arizona.

"Yeee don't look like you belong here. We don't like yer kind 'round these parts."