old idea new project (jazzstang).

what jazzstang do you like more?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. what jazzstang do you like more?

• Only one jazzy pickup.
    • Mustang and jazzy pickup.

Right once i move out (should be with in the next 3 weeks) i want to mod my stang. i think the PU's for stang are the weakest point of it.

so i was thinking...

jazzstang2.jpg

i LOVE the sound of jazzys, the bridge mustang pup would be for aesthetic only.

what one do you like more?

also, can any one remind me whats the best price to quality brand jazzy pup? i play punkyish surf noise (think ATDI crossed with my bloody valentine crossed with omar).

Cool idea. Imo if yr not going to use a bridge pickup at all you might as well just have the Jazzy one in the neck... It'll look very cool and unique.

Good luck. :wink:

I would like the option of using it if i wanted tho, besides it seams like a bit of a waste of a stang pup.

Also if i use the mustang pup i can use my old Pickguard rather than buying a new one.

i mean i love jazzys, but they are a little to big and i love short scales.

Are these much better than the stock CIJ's that i have only heard negative things about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-62-RI-USA-F ... 53ddbe3c11

Just spare some more money and put 2 Jazzy pickups in that thing. :P

Why not put eighter a Seymour Duncan: Hot for Jazzmaster SJM-2 or a Ouarter Pound SJM-3 in the bridge? And put a normal Fender Jazzy pickup in the neck. That way you can still rock your balls off with that thing. :)

Only problem is that i don't know if the SJM-2 and SJM-3 are availible in a white color to match your pickguard. :oops:

Why not put eighter a Seymour Duncan: Hot for Jazzmaster SJM-2 or a Ouarter Pound SJM-3 in the bridge? And put a normal Fender Jazzy pickup in the neck. That way you can still rock your balls off with that thing. :)

Only problem is that i don't know if the SJM-2 and SJM-3 are availible in a white color to match your pickguard. :oops:

i could just buy some white PU covers and change em, maybe i will start off with one pickup and get another futher down the track. having a hot pickup in the bridge would be freaking awesome, good thinking.

i could just buy some white PU covers and change em, maybe i will start off with one pickup and get another futher down the track. having a hot pickup in the bridge would be freaking awesome, good thinking.

They don't come with covers, you have to buy em separately either way. SJM-1s sounds quite nice too. I say put the stang pup in the bridge if you don't put a jazzy pup in there.

i am going to try and leave the switching in (unless it turns out that the jazzy PU is to big) not sure what i am going to make them do yet...

You're not gonna have room, I have the same thing...essentially. Gonna have to move those switches if you want them.

Yeah definitely go for the 2 pickups no matter what you do, it's always nice to have the option and you can drop so many different pickups in that bridge cavity if you want later on.

Having said that, I feel 2 Jazzmaster pickups would be ideal. Can't you take the money you will have saved from not buying a custom pickguard and buy another JM pickup? If you buy JM pickups from pickup wizard (I hear they're fantastic) you can get a set of JM pickups for around $100. He will also custom make pickups for not much more (depending on what you want). I got him to make me a set of custom Jag pickups and the total cost was like $110!

Also: 1967_Fender_Jazzmaster_SSc_Front.jpg