How to fix a loose input jack

guitar tech, everyone's out to get you trust me it'll cost you about 50 bucks or so (if you're lucky) but in the end when left to a professional you'll be better off.

THE HECK ARE YOU FREAKING TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!

A) paranoid much?

B) This would definitely not cost you $50 unless you're an absoute idiot who's willing to pay a WAY OVERPRICED tech that much to do the repair.

C) If you can use a screwdriver you can perform this repair yourself, I know because I've had to do it a couple of times on one of my strats and taking the screws out so you can remove the plate takes more effort than anything else involved in the repair.

D) If left to a professional, you'll be poorer and no better off.

E) What kinda hallucinogenic crap were you smoking before you posted that?!?!?!

guitar tech, everyone's out to get you trust me it'll cost you about 50 bucks or so (if you're lucky) but in the end when left to a professional you'll be better off.

THE HECK ARE YOU FREAKING TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!

A) paranoid much?

B) This would definitely not cost you $50 unless you're an absoute idiot who's willing to pay a WAY OVERPRICED tech that much to do the repair.

C) If you can use a screwdriver you can perform this repair yourself, I know because I've had to do it a couple of times on one of my strats and taking the screws out so you can remove the plate takes more effort than anything else involved in the repair.

D) If left to a professional, you'll be poorer and no better off.

E) What kinda hallucinogenic crap were you smoking before you posted that?!?!?!

even i know it wouldn't cost that much... :-D

Yeah, DIY. It's probably just loose and easily tightened with a spanner.

Or you can just resist the urge to twist the cord when it's plugged in.

By the way, I still say they should be called OUTPUT jacks. I have no idea where this 'input' stuff came from.

Yeah, DIY. It's probably just loose and easily tightened with a spanner.

Or you can just resist the urge to twist the cord when it's plugged in.

By the way, I still say they should be called OUTPUT jacks. I have no idea where this 'input' stuff came from.

they are called output jacks, I just didn't notice

You fail at life.

pretty simple solution...just get your toolbox out and tighten it yourself. Sometimes i neglect that problem and just semi tighten it with my fingers...next thing i know the input falls into the guitar. :|

Had that happen to my strat a few times:lol: Jaguars make this fix nice and easy with the control plate being separate and all.

Was wondering the same thing myself some while back.