since now that they are doing a cobain movie, and that it might make nirvana popular again, do you think they will reissue the jag-stangs a third time? Think about it, they stopped it in 2001, then that greastest hits come out, with the the lights out comes out, more Jag-stangs, could they do it again?

oh well hopefully fender will do it b/c it's tiresome to see thousands of stratocasters, and telecasters, and duo sonics, and sometimes a rare sighting of a mustang/jaguar, it'd nice to be see a j=s hanging from the shop wall once again.

Fender are happy as they are. There are loads of other great guitar companies out there that deserve way more merit than fender do.

SLANDER to the great Fender name sake! Ever since I've acquired my fender I've just let the dust get inches thick upon my acoustic, b/c fender is where it's at!

I'd like to see them reissue it w/ better wood for the body, a rib contour, better pick-ups, adjusto-matic bridge and neck as used on the Classic Player Jaguar.... Though the rib contour wouldn't match what Kurt had, nor the neck radius, so I highly doubt that those would ever show up on an official Fender (re)issue Jag-Stang... But a limited Custom Shop run or anything else to bleed money from the Nirvana faithful is definitely feasible.... Classic Player Jag-Stang?? I'd be ALL for that!!!

Oh, and on a side-note, I'm siding w/ Wiseman on this one.... While I'm VERY aware of GREAT guitar companies out there (check out http://www.saintguitarco.com btw...), I am, and will always be part of the Fender faithful. As far as mass production instruments are concerned, Fender has my full devotion. The quality, style, comfort, vibe, and tone for the money just beats out the majority of others within the price range for similar instruments. The high end Squier line continues to be phenomenal year after year. Though I will say that I am HIGHLY disappointed in the price hike Fender did last yr. But so long as I don't buy new and go used, I will always end up on top!!! FENDER FOREVER!!!! (of course, this is only my personal opinion, and opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, and they ALL stink...)

Fender are happy as they are. There are loads of other great guitar companies out there that deserve way more merit than fender do.

SLANDER to the great Fender name sake! Ever since I've acquired my fender I've just let the dust get inches thick upon my acoustic, b/c fender is where it's at!

because of that great post I will grant the wish you made in this post:

it'd nice to be see a j=s hanging from the shop wall once again.

4934095.jpg

When did Nirvana CEASE to be popular???

have they ever ceased to be popular?

I don't think they have, but the OP intimated that it may be the case :)

It would'nt surprise me if it gets reissued around the anniversary of KC's death maybe as a more limited model. It was available (again) during 2004.

I don't think the Jag-Stang can be more limited than it already was. In my whole time playing guitar, I've only ever seen THREE Jag-Stangs in person, one of which was possibly the same one in two different stores (actually making the total two), twice, in the late 1990's (when I bought mine).

I'm not sure if Fender will reissue it or not. On one hand, I've seen a LOT of crazy interest in the guitar for various reasons, I've had people try to buy mine off me on youtube (!!!NO), and people running amok looking for Jag-Stangs in the last few years, so the Demand is definatley there.

However, so many people put the guitar down when it came out - cheap pickups, "crappy bridge" or so they called it, "horrible wiring", "oh I hate those switches and how they cut my hand when I flail around when I play guitar" and such.

It'll probably be just the same thing, made in Japan, Basswood Body, maybe some tiny manufacturing differences due to the times/manufacturing methods/technology available, but overall, I would not expect Fender to go all out with a Duncan JB based, TOM'd Dyna mic equipped, If Fender does do a limited Kurt guitar, it'll probably be a ridiculously overpriced relic of his 65' Fender Jaguar done by the custom shop.

If Fender does do a limited Kurt guitar, it'll probably be a ridiculously overpriced relic of his 65' Fender Jaguar done by the custom shop.

im surprised they haven't done this already

If they can Make a Thurston moore signature than they can make a cobain one

Difference is cobain killed himself so he doesn't make much music, wheras sonic youth are still alive and kicking and producing records.

If they can Make a Thurston moore signature than they can make a cobain one

Difference is cobain killed himself so he doesn't make much music, wheras sonic youth are still alive and kicking and producing records.

Exactly.

Plus I think - but may well be wrong - that the artist in question needs to approve of his name and signature being used.

But I think Albert Collins and SRV both had signature models after they had died, so I might be way off on that one...

I like the idea of having a t3h cvrtz inspired guitar and totally re vamping it and not playing any nirvana on it. like much of us on here do.

i hate sig models.

I've seen 6 and i owned them all :lol:

But thats it, never met anyone else in person besides Nathan with a JS.

The guitars popularity never ceases to amaze me, theres guys on the BC Rich forum that own or want Jag-Stangs, of all places.

I think Fender would cash in bigtime with a limited run on KCs anniversary.

Technically, the Jag-stang wasn't a signature guitar, it was a design made by Kurt Cobain, like a Les Paul isn't a signature guitar. All they did was put the name of who originally designed it on the headstock

Now if they do reissue it, I hope that the only thing they change is the pick-ups, I love the neck on my jag-stang

+1. Everyone loves the neck, even people that hate the guitar.

I'd like them to use Alder, Ash or maybe Mahogany if they built another. I really believe its the Basswood that makes the JS naturally dull sounding after making one from Mahogany myself. I cant see what else it can possibly be, all the past theories of its the;

1/ angled pickup

2/ the bridge

3/ the bridge pickup

4/ the pots and cap

are wrong in my opinion.