Your Dream Guitar

Dream guitar eh? Well I've always wanted a 1956 Les Paul Black Beauty with P-90's and a Bigsby vibrato. However if we're talking original here. I'd like to take a Jag and actually make those switches useful. Say, tear out the insides of my cheapo chorus pedal and wire it up to the rythymn circuit, turn the wheels into depth and rate wheels. And turn that apparently useless (to me) switch nearest to the neck into a fuzz switch, and finally, I'd coil tap the sucker, just it to make it as complicated as possible for me. My friend did something similar and the thing is filled with batteries. :lol:

now that sounds likt the Bilt pseudo-marauder guitars with the built-in effects....hmmm. curious. curious :? any pics man?

Nope, It's just a thought, however, my friend did something similar to his Hagstrom Les Paul thing. He just removed the bridge pickup and essentially ran his distortion pedal through the routing. I'll ask him for a pic of it, but it IS pretty gnarled up.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend is building me a Telestrat soon :-cool that's my dream guitar I played his and loved it! Mine's going to have a tele bridge with a emg,then a strat sss pickgaurd loaded with gf single coils (possibly hot rails),and a rosewood short scale tele neck.Can't wait for it :-D

...cool. then post some pics. the idea reminds me of a Squier 51 guitar (or maybe the 80s Fender Bullet)

My friend is building me a Telestrat soon :-cool that's my dream guitar I played his and loved it! Mine's going to have a tele bridge with a emg,then a strat sss pickgaurd loaded with gf single coils (possibly hot rails),and a rosewood short scale tele neck.Can't wait for it :-D

might I inquire as to how the crap you're planning on intonating that? I mean from the sound of it you're planning on sticking a tele bridge behind a strat pickguard which'd mean the saddles would be further back making the scale longer.... but then you're planning on putting a shortscale neck on it....... or are you planning on ditching the strat bridge pickup and hacking up the pickguard to accomodate the tele bridge?

seems like it'd be easier to buy a cheap tele body and neck and set it up like this

cunstbpifort.jpg&maxx=0&maxy=300

might I inquire as to how the crap you're planning on intonating that? I mean from the sound of it you're planning on sticking a tele bridge behind a strat pickguard which'd mean the saddles would be further back making the scale longer.... but then you're planning on putting a shortscale neck on it....... or are you planning on ditching the strat bridge pickup and hacking up the pickguard to accomodate the tele bridge?

seems like it'd be easier to buy a cheap tele body and neck and set it up like this

cunstbpifort.jpg&maxx=0&maxy=300

not exactly sure we're still planning it out we haven't really thought it through it's just a idea probally this "or are you planning on ditching the strat bridge pickup and hacking up the pickguard to accomodate the tele bridge?"

Tele. Bass. First.

Or has that all been completed and pics posted?

Tele. Bass. First.

Or has that all been completed and pics posted?

It's finished just no photos.

^ very eager to see the photos

It's been a looooong wait.

I think I've seen both my nephews born while waiting to see this thing.

I've read a lot about this tele bass and I really can't understand how it could last so long...

Doesn't taking pictures and uploading them only take a few minutes :-hmmm ???

^ very eager to see the photos

It's been a looooong wait.

I think I've seen both my nephews born while waiting to see this thing.

I've read a lot about this tele bass and I really can't understand how it could last so long...

Doesn't taking pictures and uploading them only take a few minutes :-hmmm ???

Did you read the actual topic? It kind of explains everything, in a really confusing, convoluted way.

Did you read the actual topic? It kind of explains everything, in a really confusing, convoluted way.

Yeah I read it, kind of... I know it took like 10 pages to get the first pics, and then got into poping pills and smoking and everything, but what I meant was even with no camera and nothing else than your balls and your knife (french idiomatic expression) you still can take pictures. I mean use a ####ty cellphone, a ####ty webcam, a ####ty friend with a ####ty webcam or a bloody shoe box :!:

The only reason I keep harping about the Tele Bass is because I'm a person who used to have a habit of half-finishing things, and then moving on to something else and having a thousand things sitting around half-done.

Seeing the same thing in others is frustrating in a weird, very personal way. It's like watching someone else having a beer when I can't have one myself :-D