Anyone own one or played it? I saw one a few months back at a flea market (unfortunately, it must have been handled by a moron, because the frets were all pulled out, the body was covered in lame stickers and the headstock was painted over). They look cool, but finding them is a pain, and I'd like to get some info before i buy one. What can you tell me?

I've got all four....

Three heavily modified. One gutted and ready for a new project.

One set up as an Esquire, stacked single-coil YJM, two sounds (HB and single) and off. One with two Dimarzio HB's, tap-able, 8 sounds. One with P-Rails, with 12 sounds. All three with stuttering kill buttons.

Suggestions on #4? I'm thinking TV Jones Power-'trons. Or maybe just a piezo bridge and no other pickups?

They really are great guitars. I have one...a blue sparkle. Sold it but the sale fell thru and ended up keeping it and I am VERY HAPPY I did!!! The pickups in mine are actually pretty great, remind me of the SD JB/Jazz set I used to have in a SG. The neck under the pick guard goes slightly under the neck pickup and I wonder if that is part of why it's got the great sound on the neck pup. I've considered selling it a few other times and gotten some really good offers but I don't know I just love the little thing...I may still sell it eventually tho but for now I'm enjoying it too much!

The necks really are outstanding! To be honest it's one of the best necks I've ever played. Really little, which isn't normally my style, but super comfortable. The fit and finish is great too.

If you can find one get one.

Oh and the sparkle finishes are great! I thought it'd drive me nuts but I actually really like it.

I've got all four....

Three heavily modified. One gutted and ready for a new project.

One set up as an Esquire, stacked single-coil YJM, two sounds (HB and single) and off. One with two Dimarzio HB's, tap-able, 8 sounds. One with P-Rails, with 12 sounds. All three with stuttering kill buttons.

Suggestions on #4? I'm thinking TV Jones Power-'trons. Or maybe just a piezo bridge and no other pickups?

pictures pls

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

They have been selling for around $630 on eBay for a while now. The last one went for just over $400 (a white one). They seem to come up about every two weeks.

My fifth one, which I bought as a box of parts ($350), is a long-term project. It's becoming a coral / fiesta red Esquire. I have the proper Re-Ranch paint. Ordered the BG-1400 from the SD custom shop this week. The lady who took my order said that she was making mine at the same time as a couple for Billy Gibbons.

I'm going to fill the cavities with wood and start from scratch. String-through Tele bridge, 4-way Esquire controls.

They have been selling for around $630 on eBay for a while now. The last one went for just over $400 (a white one). They seem to come up about every two weeks.

My fifth one, which I bought as a box of parts ($350), is a long-term project. It's becoming a coral / fiesta red Esquire. I have the proper Re-Ranch paint. Ordered the BG-1400 from the SD custom shop this week. The lady who took my order said that she was making mine at the same time as a couple for Billy Gibbons.

I'm going to fill the cavities with wood and start from scratch. String-through Tele bridge, 4-way Esquire controls.

Would you happen to be selling one of those? My birthday is in 2 days and I want a Super-Sonic to flip lefty.

Would you happen to be selling one of those? My birthday is in 2 days and I want a Super-Sonic to flip lefty.

I did say that I only had five Super-Sonics, yes? How could I possibly spare one?

I've actually been bidding on more. I'd like another white one to modify into a White Penguin (already have the pickguard).

• Like 1