Serious Cat

USA Tele colour?

I can trade my Standard USA Strat against a Standard 2009 USA Tele.

But i find the colour weird. I know MIM ones are indeed made in that colour. (looks like Lake Placid Blue)

But i didn't know USA ones where made in that color aswell? Can somebody confirm this?

He also changed the tuners to locking Fender tuners. (i have more pics)

lgim0018b.jpg

This colour is very common with Squier Affinity Tele's, where it goes by the name of 'Metallic Blue'.

Maybe it's the pic, but it looks much too dark to pass for LPB in my eyes.

I'm afraid I can't confirm if the colour was available on USA Tele's.

My advice would be that unless it is someone you know well and trust completely, do not make the trade.

The owner told me he went to the Fender Corona California factory for his work and brought the Tele there. It's a limited colour and it's not Metallic Blue according to him.

It has all the parts a Standard USA Tele needs to have (right headstock+decal, neck, even the Corona back-neckplate, Fender on the bridge+saddles, + serialnumber on the back of the headstock) I really doubt it's a fake.

He comes to my house this sunday so i will check it out etc. And make up my mind.

The guy was supposed to come by the previous weekend but he didn't showed up because his car motor was so called overheated due to the hot weather here in holland.

Then he told me he would come by this saturday but again he didn't showed up. I've heard nothing of him so far.

I hate people who do this. To hell with them!!!!!!! (i'm drunk) :-shy