Amp distortion sucks?!?! We're not talking peavey vypyrs here my friend! Blackstars have PROPER circuits instead of OD pedals which are solid state. All the great tones of history come from amps. Get an amp with inbuilt distortion. Yes its limiting, but its much better than trying to drive a champion 600 with a muff.

there is so much horrible fail in this post. Read gus' post and just go back to gga on UG and copy everyone else on there about peavey vyprs and stuff... such a noob...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this was a lil ways back, but on the subject of using a bass amp for guitar if you get the chance try plugging a guitar into a Gallien-Kruger Backline 210 with the distortion dimed (other amps in the same series would prolly provide similar results). The bassist at my church uses one and I've had a couple of opportunities to plug some of my guitars into it; sounds absolutely killer imo.

jagmaster- get new pups for it for sure. get a new toggle switch in my experience the stock one had problem and it was crap and broke pretty easily and quick. shield the inside cavity of the guitar so you wont get hum. properly set up your guitar and you would love it even more.

frontman- definitely save up for a valve amp. like others have suggested the blackstar is the way to go. isn't a twin reverb a little to expensive don't you think? how bout a deluxe reverb :) or orange tt combo. deluxe for the clean and the orange for the amp distortion.

ds1-uhhh mod it. or get a ehx bm w/ tone wicker. or save up and get a fuzzfactory

your wah pedal- just deal with it for now

p.s.

most important thing is to save up for a good amp.

why the hell would you suggest a modded ds1 or a bmp or a fuzz factory.

Those are 3 very different sounding things...

And I hate the fuzz factory most of the time... So damn nasally, although I do sometimes regret selling my Will Sledge (<333) clone.

CAN WE ALL JUST CALM THE #### DOWN??!1?!!??one?!?

Amp distortion is not > pedals.

Pedals are not > amp distortion.

IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ARE USING AND WANT TO GET OUT OF IT. It's all subjective, like most things to do with music are. Daniel doesn't need some amazing tube amp, in the same way that he doesn't really need a Fuzz Factory. A decent solid state amp and pretty much any Muff will give him the sound he wants. It's like those people who buy like Recto full stacks (and before you say anything, yes I do know 15/16 year olds with Gibsons and Mesa stacks) and only play small gigs, if any. Just get what you need.

Yeah, I know you never told him to get a Mesa stack, that's why I said "like". Basically, all I'm saying is that it's better to just get what you need. Those small tube amps are meant for recording - if he turns it up to gigging volume, there's going to be no clean headroom. Tube amps aren't a necessity, the way you all talk it's like solid state is the Antichrist and to be avoided at all costs.

rofl... mcpedo you fail so horribly... i would tell you to not try and embarrass yourself... but i kinda enjoy this hahahaa

Gus should have specified TUBE overdrive then. But I still don't see how stacking ODs will get good tone. Seems more like you'll get a pile of mud unless you spend forever tweaking.

why the hell would you suggest a modded ds1 or a bmp or a fuzz factory.

Those are 3 very different sounding things...

And I hate the fuzz factory most of the time... So damn nasally, although I do sometimes regret selling my Will Sledge (<333) clone.

because i have no idea what kind of sound he wants....plus a few suggestions wouldn't hurt his finding of his tone

have you ever even played with more than one dirt pedal, mcpedo? if you get the right pedals it sounds #### awesome...

You really think this kid is capable of making good sounds out of that? He'll just turn everthing up full and go WWAAAOOHAAOAOO LOST OF DISTROTIOONGS!!!1!!11

he probably wants to make loadsa feedback...

have you ever even played with more than one dirt pedal, mcpedo? if you get the right pedals it sounds #### awesome...

You really think this kid is capable of making good sounds out of that? He'll just turn everthing up full and go WWAAAOOHAAOAOO LOST OF DISTROTIOONGS!!!1!!11

he probably wants to make loadsa feedback...

That's really not difficult.