Hi every one, I have been looking on the forum for a while, but heres my first post and I don't yet have a Jag-stang, but in about a month or so I will have a custom one built, but so far here is my 1973 Fender Bronco I just got a few days ago.

bronco2.jpg

Gotta get some new knobs

bronco4.jpg

bronco3.jpg

Bronco5.jpg

Bronco6.jpg

Sorry about the camera phone pic's, but its all i have to take pic's with for now.

But I have a few questions and hopefully you guys can answer some. Do you know what type of pickup is in it, I know its like a mustang and duo-sonic, but are they diffrent pickups or the same pickups, like did they make ones that where specifically made for mustangs and ones specifically made for duo's or are they the same? Also What color is this? I've searched the web and it seems some people say its fiesta red, but on wiki it dosen't say any thing about that color, is this just the color red they use to have before they started using dakota red, fiesta red as such? Well I hope you like the pic's and can help me out with some of my questions. Thanks

Hi

Nice pics.

It's a really cool guitar you lucky bastard !

About the colour I've read that they were made in Dakota Red AND in Fiesta Red so I guess it would depend on the year of production ?... :? And for the pickup I have no idea I can't find anything anywhere...

Not very helpfull but it was just to say how much I love your guitar ! :D

Peace.

Ps : where's the tremolo ?

Hi

Nice pics.

It's a really cool guitar you lucky bastard !

About the colour I've read that they were made in Dakota Red AND in Fiesta Red so I guess it would depend on the year of production ?... :? And for the pickup I have no idea I can't find anything anywhere...

Not very helpfull but it was just to say how much I love your guitar ! :D

Peace.

Ps : where's the tremolo ?

Thanks, I love the guitar too, when I saw it I knew I had to get it, I actually went into the shop to get a Hagstrom III that I was eyeing, but he sold it a week earlier I found out :( But then I saw the bronco just stareing at me, and I have been wanting one for the last year so bad. I have the tremolo arm, i just don't really use it that much so it wasn't on the guitar when I took the pic's. Thanks for letting me know they came in both colors. I have seen people on ebay sell ones that are the same year as mine and say its Fiesta, so I'm guessing its Fiesta Red then. With the pick up I was just wondering because with like lindy fralin pickups I have seen they have duo sonic ones and mustang ones, and they are just made a little diffrent, so I was wondering if Fender did the same. But with all the one's theses days, it just says Mustang/Duo Sonic/Musicmaster pickup. So I was just wondering. But thanks for helping out with the color.

Hi Dougler.

The colour is probably Dakota Red that has faded over the years. We have seen old Oly White guitars that have turned various shades of yellow over the years.

As for the pickup, I'm sure they are the same ones as were used in Mustangs, Duo's et al, but I understand your desire to want to know for sure.

Hi, Dougler. Congratulations on your "new" vintage Bronco.

About the pickups, I bet Lindy Fralin could answer your question. Why don't you just up and email him?

Thanks Doug, I didn't think of that, I'll try that and see what he says.

Hi Dougler.

The colour is probably Dakota Red that has faded over the years. We have seen old Oly White guitars that have turned various shades of yellow over the years.

As for the pickup, I'm sure they are the same ones as were used in Mustangs, Duo's et al, but I understand your desire to want to know for sure.

Yeah, I actually reread the wikipedia section on it and they only came in Dakota red at first. And then in the late 70's Oly, Black, and Midnight Red I believe it was. Thanks Robbmonster

How do you like that neck Dougler? I have the same year neck on my black Jag-Stang, feels great!

Nice Bronco btw B)

And Fran, I love the neck, the contour is just like my srv sig strat, but the neck is thinner, that black jag-stang you got looks freakin sweet, Do you have any demo's of it? I like the mustang one you have, the orange one. I'm actually getting a J.S. built at the moment, I can't wait for it, I hope the neck feels like the bronco one. If not I might have to switch necks. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll get it :-D

Is that a Danelectro style stacked knob on the bottom pot?

Looks good. One presumes they are supposed to be Mustang style knobs on these guitars.

Hey NathanStang75, no its not a dano knob, there kinda like Fender F knobs, but really worn out. They are weird, there made of three parts, it looks like a strat knob with a F on the top of it. But as being three parts, the main part looks like a black strat knob, but then theres a rubber part that goes around it, and then a dime sized plastic part that has a F on it that snaps into it. Its really weird, with the tone knob that F dime sized part was missing. so thats why it looks kinda weird.

As Mustang knobs go, on original bronco's they where F knobs, the type that are on the Fender Blender currently. Those knobs look so hot, and then the later 70's one's had strat knobs. I've even seen tele deluxe/custom knobs on bronco's that look pretty good, I just want to get some knew knobs because the originals are kinda falling apart.

This and an orange cyclone?! I hope this is the first of a string of awesome aquisitions :)

Actually there all the same guitar in all the pic's But a Orange Cyclone would be pretty cool, I really like the Cyclone II's more thou, I like single coils a bit more then hum's. I like the Dave Mustaine eyes pic you got in your sig, I have the ltd dv8-r sig of his, when he was with esp, and one of my all time fav shows I've gone to was Megadeth.

Keep the Bronco as it is, i say :D unless you plan changing Colour to something different, even then....they look better in red ;)

I'm going to keep it as is pretty much, I ain't going to paint it or any thing, I love the color, all I want to do is just change the vol &tone knobs, not the pots just the knobs. Thats about it. All my friends are saying I should put a neck pick up in it, but I don't want to, I love the sound I get with just the one pickup. I would like if I ever find a refin'ed one or a really badly beat up one I would love to paint it sea foam green, but I'm not doin any thing with this one.

And Fran, I love the neck, the contour is just like my srv sig strat, but the neck is thinner, that black jag-stang you got looks freakin sweet, Do you have any demo's of it? I like the mustang one you have, the orange one. I'm actually getting a J.S. built at the moment, I can't wait for it, I hope the neck feels like the bronco one. If not I might have to switch necks. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll get it :-D

Thanks. I never demo'd the black JS and now its strung up with 13s and tunes to A standard it seems a demo would be misleading, it sounds heavy as hell :lol:

I need to upgrade a lot of demos to be honest, a lot of them are distorted and poor quality.

I think them Bronco necks are the thinnest i've felt.

Thanks. I never demo'd the black JS and now its strung up with 13s and tunes to A standard it seems a demo would be misleading, it sounds heavy as hell :lol:

I need to upgrade a lot of demos to be honest, a lot of them are distorted and poor quality.

I think them Bronco necks are the thinnest i've felt.

I just saw the demo of it you put up in the Jag-Stangs in Action, that was bad ass dude. As the bronco being the thinnest, I'm not sure, because its my first short scale guitar, I've played a few mustangs, Jaguars and one Jag-Stang and always liked them, but just never really had the money to buy them, the bronco I traded in a lot of stuff I have collected thru the years. Most of the stuff I traded I actually got for free from a lot of my friends. Specially my drummer who dosen't think to trade things in, he thinks, Oh I don't play guitar so I'm going to throw this #### out. One day he thru out 3 to 4 guitar amps that people have given him so he can jam with people, just because he wanted to make room in his closet, so I RAN and rescued them, traded most of them except a fender M-80 ss amp that is actually a pretty good amp for a ss and besides it was free.

Hi every one, I have been looking on the forum for a while, but heres my first post and I don't yet have a Jag-stang, but in about a month or so I will have a custom one built, but so far here is my 1973 Fender Bronco I just got a few days ago.

bronco2.jpg

Gotta get some new knobs

bronco4.jpg

bronco3.jpg

Bronco5.jpg

Bronco6.jpg

Sorry about the camera phone pic's, but its all i have to take pic's with for now.

But I have a few questions and hopefully you guys can answer some. Do you know what type of pickup is in it, I know its like a mustang and duo-sonic, but are they diffrent pickups or the same pickups, like did they make ones that where specifically made for mustangs and ones specifically made for duo's or are they the same? Also What color is this? I've searched the web and it seems some people say its fiesta red, but on wiki it dosen't say any thing about that color, is this just the color red they use to have before they started using dakota red, fiesta red as such? Well I hope you like the pic's and can help me out with some of my questions. Thanks

Nice lookin' geetar man

Hey Fran, how's the Bronco neck compare to the jag-stang neck?
Its thinner. The JS neck as far as new necks go is unbeatable but a good vintage neck feels like your old favorite slippers, just too comfortable! Its always a lottery though, i've bought half a dozen vintage necks, some have been beautiful whilst others were ready for the scrapheap.