Purplehaze19x

pictures of your guitars

My Westbury Standards.

Mahogany, through neck, DiMarzio's, austrian carve on the body edge. Matsumoku japanese made around 1982:

w1-1.jpg

w2.jpg

They look so good, especially the red, never seen that model before, are they coil tapped ?

fran how many guitars do you have

I've cut down recently, about 13 guitars.

You have to consider i have been playing for 17 years, i have a decent job and guitars are my hobby though. :P

They look so good, especially the red, never seen that model before, are they coil tapped ?

Thanks. No these are'nt, the deluxe model may be coil tapped, Billy has one of them.

You see them on ebay now and then, quite cheap, they are great quality.

fran how many guitars do you have

I've cut down recently, about 13 guitars.

You have to consider i have been playing for 17 years, i have a decent job and guitars are my hobby though. :P

Thanks. No these are'nt, the deluxe model may be coil tapped, Billy has one of them.

You see them on ebay now and then, quite cheap, they are great quality.

Do you want to sell that red one ?

No mate. I've decided to stop going on evilbay and stick with the decent collection i have. The only thing i'm interested in is another JS at the moment, but their current value is ridiculous.

No mate. I've decided to stop going on evilbay and stick with the decent collection i have. The only thing i'm interested in is another JS at the moment, but their current value is ridiculous.

I still look on ebay, you don't seem to see too many jagstangs around these days, I got outbid on one a couple of years ago & have not bothered since, I'd still like one. I get a bit peaved at all the guitars that are parted out, you have to be really careful when buying a vintage & ask the right questions & get loads of info before jumping in.

What's in your collection & what do you play the most ?

Fender Jag-stang (reissue, sonic blue)

Fender Toronado GT (red)

Fender Jaguar (CIJ sunburst)

Fender Jaguar (AV 1964 oxford green)

Fender Jaguar (CIJ burgundy mist)

Fender accoustic

Gibson Les Paul Junior

Gordon Smith GS-1.5

Westfield Les Paul (LOL, i use it for the Pistols band)

Squier Stagemaster (for Floyd Rose fun)!

Westbury Standard (wine red)

Westbury Standard (black)

Ibanez GAX 75 (picked it up dirt cheap but it is a very nice player with a drop D switch)

70's Flying Vee (refin, not sure brand but good quality)

I sold whatever else you remember me having.

The Toronado gets the most band use, the AV Jag and red Westbury currently get used the most at home but i may have a fad on one of the others for a while. Hate the Westfield but i have to use a LP because one of my bands is a Sex Pistols tribute band. I usually swap over to the GS1 or Junior after 7 songs lol, fu ckin hate les pauls.

Nah, i never really liked them. I had a couple of old Musimasters last year that are the same body shape. Generally its offsets and LP Junior shape guitars for me.

Fender Jag-stang (reissue, sonic blue)

Fender Toronado GT (red)

Fender Jaguar (CIJ sunburst)

Fender Jaguar (AV 1964 oxford green)

Fender Jaguar (CIJ burgundy mist)

Fender accoustic

Gibson Les Paul Junior

Gordon Smith GS-1.5

Westfield Les Paul (LOL, i use it for the Pistols band)

Squier Stagemaster (for Floyd Rose fun)!

Westbury Standard (wine red)

Westbury Standard (black)

Ibanez GAX 75 (picked it up dirt cheap but it is a very nice player with a drop D switch)

70's Flying Vee (refin, not sure brand but good quality)

I sold whatever else you remember me having.

The Toronado gets the most band use, the AV Jag and red Westbury currently get used the most at home but i may have a fad on one of the others for a while. Hate the Westfield but i have to use a LP because one of my bands is a Sex Pistols tribute band. I usually swap over to the GS1 or Junior after 7 songs lol, fu ckin hate les pauls.

Love the sound of the flying V , my wife laughed when I wanted to get one last year !

I also like the look of the Toronado, nearly got one of those too.

Post that Gordon Smith please.

Why do you hate Les Pauls ? I love them, I will own a P90 stacked gold top at some point in the future. My main guitar is a 77 Limited Edition Les Paul Special dble cut with P90's, thats why I like that Westbury winr red, something about that colour.

By the way I know what you mean about fads, this time last year I was playing a Washburn P2, it doesn't get a look in now.

Love the sound of the flying V , my wife laughed when I wanted to get one last year !

I also like the look of the Toronado, nearly got one of those too.

Post that Gordon Smith please.

Why do you hate Les Pauls ? I love them, I will own a P90 stacked gold top at some point in the future. My main guitar is a 77 Limited Edition Les Paul Special dble cut with P90's, thats why I like that Westbury winr red, something about that colour.

By the way I know what you mean about fads, this time last year I was playing a Washburn P2, it doesn't get a look in now.

I dont like the image of the Les Paul as i associate it with #### rock, slash, jimmy page, joe perry... plus they are heavy. I like to move about onstage and the Les Paul feels restricting. I had an old Ibanez Artist but that was even heavier than a Les Paul, amazing guitar though.

The neck on that Flying V is unreal, it is so effortless to play, even rythym guitarists shred on it! When i got it the owner had stripped it with nitro mors then used a heat gun, it was in a right mess. So i sanded it all down and refinished it with clear Danish oil (as it is nice mahogany, set-neck) then rubbed beeswax into it with fine wire wool. A similar finish to a Patrick Eggle model i once owned. I probably only get it out the case a dozen times a year though but hold onto it because of sentimental value, i got it around the time my daughter was born.

The Gordon Smith is also excellent as you would imagine being hand made, it looks just like a LP Junior. I'll post pics of them tomorrow. ;)

Incidently, that Patrick Eggle is the one guitar i regret selling the most. Another hand built instrument.

I dont like the image of the Les Paul as i associate it with #### rock, slash, jimmy page, joe perry... plus they are heavy. I like to move about onstage and the Les Paul feels restricting. I had an old Ibanez Artist but that was even heavier than a Les Paul, amazing guitar though.

The neck on that Flying V is unreal, it is so effortless to play, even rythym guitarists shred on it! When i got it the owner had stripped it with nitro mors then used a heat gun, it was in a right mess. So i sanded it all down and refinished it with clear Danish oil (as it is nice mahogany, set-neck) then rubbed beeswax into it with fine wire wool. A similar finish to a Patrick Eggle model i once owned. I probably only get it out the case a dozen times a year though but hold onto it because of sentimental value, i got it around the time my daughter was born.

The Gordon Smith is also excellent as you would imagine being hand made, it looks just like a LP Junior. I'll post pics of them tomorrow. ;)

Incidently, that Patrick Eggle is the one guitar i regret selling the most. Another hand built instrument.

That V neck sounds good, even more so when you put some hard work into it.

The main reason I like the Les paul is that it was the first real guitar I played, in a school band a local musician lent us some gear, mine happened to be a 69 P90 loaded les paul gold top & a fender twin reverb, it was very heavy on 15 year old shoulders, but I was smitten.

I have drooled over the Patrick Eggle catalogue many times, if only I won the lottery !!!!

As much as I love Fenders there is something classy about the set neck, my dble cut's neck is slim & superb. Look forward to seeing those pics.

Gordon Smith GS1.5

gs1a-1.jpg

GS1.jpg

Flying V. Not sure of the make but i'm guessing early 80's japanese because of the feel and quality, maybe Tokai.

v11.jpg

v22.jpg

Looks interesting, i think his asking price is'nt far off its limit considering all its been through.

There was a blue Toronado GT on ebay last week, i felt sick! Been looking for one in that colour for ages but could'nt afford it after the last Jaguar. :x

heres a crap pic of my guitars

Photo2.jpg

96-97 CIJ Jagstang. TOM and JB in the bridge

04-05 CIJ Mustang. TOM and Hot Rails in bridge. I want to swap out the 250 K pots for 500 K's soon.

05-06 MIM HSS Strat. Super Distortion in bridge, black witch hat knobs, middle pick up removed, duct tape covers pick up hole, has Nirvana sticker and Bad Brains sticker, a lot of chips also.

I love 'em all. Hopefully a vintage jaguar will be added to the family soon.

I'll get some better pics eventually.