Purplehaze19x

pictures of your guitars

Man you must have been super desperate to hear that pickup.

Even if i had no tools whatsoever, i would have waited until the next day and spent a few pounds on something more suited to the job.

Aslong as you're happy with it it doesn't matter i suppose, it's not like it's a carved maple top or anything.

yea that pictures kinda old its a cleaner cut now and theres not a pick where the top screw goes... but it sounds good

I dont like the image of the Les Paul as i associate it with #### rock, slash, jimmy page, joe perry... plus they are heavy. I like to move about onstage and the Les Paul feels restricting. I had an old Ibanez Artist but that was even heavier than a Les Paul, amazing guitar though.

The neck on that Flying V is unreal, it is so effortless to play, even rythym guitarists shred on it! When i got it the owner had stripped it with nitro mors then used a heat gun, it was in a right mess. So i sanded it all down and refinished it with clear Danish oil (as it is nice mahogany, set-neck) then rubbed beeswax into it with fine wire wool. A similar finish to a Patrick Eggle model i once owned. I probably only get it out the case a dozen times a year though but hold onto it because of sentimental value, i got it around the time my daughter was born.

The Gordon Smith is also excellent as you would imagine being hand made, it looks just like a LP Junior. I'll post pics of them tomorrow. ;)

Incidently, that Patrick Eggle is the one guitar i regret selling the most. Another hand built instrument.

That V neck sounds good, even more so when you put some hard work into it.

The main reason I like the Les paul is that it was the first real guitar I played, in a school band a local musician lent us some gear, mine happened to be a 69 P90 loaded les paul gold top & a fender twin reverb, it was very heavy on 15 year old shoulders, but I was smitten.

I have drooled over the Patrick Eggle catalogue many times, if only I won the lottery !!!!

As much as I love Fenders there is something classy about the set neck, my dble cut's neck is slim & superb. Look forward to seeing those pics.

is that neck straight with an oil/beeswax finish?

I dont like the image of the Les Paul as i associate it with #### rock, slash, jimmy page, joe perry... plus they are heavy. I like to move about onstage and the Les Paul feels restricting. I had an old Ibanez Artist but that was even heavier than a Les Paul, amazing guitar though.

The neck on that Flying V is unreal, it is so effortless to play, even rythym guitarists shred on it! When i got it the owner had stripped it with nitro mors then used a heat gun, it was in a right mess. So i sanded it all down and refinished it with clear Danish oil (as it is nice mahogany, set-neck) then rubbed beeswax into it with fine wire wool. A similar finish to a Patrick Eggle model i once owned. I probably only get it out the case a dozen times a year though but hold onto it because of sentimental value, i got it around the time my daughter was born.

The Gordon Smith is also excellent as you would imagine being hand made, it looks just like a LP Junior. I'll post pics of them tomorrow. ;)

Incidently, that Patrick Eggle is the one guitar i regret selling the most. Another hand built instrument.

That V neck sounds good, even more so when you put some hard work into it.

The main reason I like the Les paul is that it was the first real guitar I played, in a school band a local musician lent us some gear, mine happened to be a 69 P90 loaded les paul gold top & a fender twin reverb, it was very heavy on 15 year old shoulders, but I was smitten.

I have drooled over the Patrick Eggle catalogue many times, if only I won the lottery !!!!

As much as I love Fenders there is something classy about the set neck, my dble cut's neck is slim & superb. Look forward to seeing those pics.

is that neck straight with an oil/beeswax finish?

i just finished up this beast.

its a 66(or 67) village (fender) neck.

with vintage epiphone pups and knobs.

a vintage kay toggle switch

repro guard, body, tuners, and bridge.

im trying to sell it for this benefit.

but for now its apart of my collection, it plays well and sounds cool.

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/ ... ec8e8a.jpg

l_15a3d8281da2847e11bc7c2c7293105c.jpg

l_81cbd239183cfeb77618f4c24cf9a99b.jpg

i just want to clarify, before anyone else says the same thing.

its not a nice thing to do, its the right thing to do.

how the hell can we as a country can expect to get anywhere if we won't help eachother out.

/end rant/

i just want to clarify, before anyone else says the same thing.

its not a nice thing to do, its the right thing to do.

how the hell can we as a country can expect to get anywhere if we won't help eachother out.

/end rant/

You restore my faith in humanity Robert - Well done. :-D

it was worth a try.

i figure i will put it on the bay here pretty soon, so if you know some rich friends that are interested let them in on the deal.

but enough whoring for now.

Nice guitars man, how old are you?

It might be the lighting, but your 69 strat looks like it has a scalloped fretboard, has it?

Thanks a lot man!

I'm 22 and yeah it must be the lighting since it's not scalloped. Would be cool though! To be honest I think she needs some new frets...pretty bad to be honest.

how do you have a 2009 guitar? are you from the future?

id love to have a guitar from the future,it'd kick ass, but i dont know why, guess cause no one else would have it ha!

I've never played a scalloped fretboard you know.

It's pretty silly really, not trying all the options and that, for all i know i could kick EVH's ass on one but i doubt it.

I'm going to try one the weekend see how it feels.

I tried Steve Vai signature Jem, it has upper frets scalloped, and for me they didnt feel way to different from usual fretboard.