Purplehaze19x

pictures of your guitars

Ok, here they are...

Left to right; Epi Firebird, Frender Mustang (before I added the 'bucker), 335 copy (I believe it was previously a Samick, also my first guitar), Ibanez Talman, Leverty PJL-1 Custom (designed it myself ;-) )

DSC00911.jpg

how do you have a 2009 guitar? are you from the future?

id love to have a guitar from the future,it'd kick ass.

i prefer older guitars

new designs usually look really bad

Ok, here they are...

Left to right; Epi Firebird, Frender Mustang (before I added the 'bucker), 335 copy (I believe it was previously a Samick, also my first guitar), Ibanez Talman, Leverty PJL-1 Custom (designed it myself ;-) )

DSC00911.jpg

is the epi firebird and good cus im wondering whether to buy one or build my own jag

If you're doing a yellow stang, how about black comp stripes ala Game Of Death?

bruce_lee_game_death.jpg

Of course this might be more trouble than it's worth, you'd have to roundhouse every person who said "i like that Kill Bill paintjob".

heres some better pics of my guitars.

I - Fender Jagstang

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

I just noticed that the humbucker is way down on the lowerside, by the high E string, or at least thats how the picture makes it look.

I usually adjust my buckers just the opposite on my Les Paul. I hate too much low end sound.

Then I basically just screw the neck pickup all the way down into the body. :lol: I hate the way neck pickups sound unless I'm playing guitar in a jazz setup. :P

here are all my guitars, working and non working

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj12 ... G_0198.jpg

2007-2008 Fender MIJ 65' reissue

2006 Squier Jagmaster

Custom EVH Frankenstien

Black and white EVH

My jagstang project which i hope to finish soon

I like the EVH pair, did you custom build them? Tell us a bit about them.

ya i built them, the red,black, and white one is a fender mim strat body i ordered off the bay, i painted it with automotive spray paint,floyd rose, i had to chisel out the humbucker cavity to make the pup angled and not straight, cut the black pickguard down to only the 3 holes for the vol and tone knobs go and wired it, it sounds great.

the white and black one is my first guitar, my squier strat, i just wanted to paint it after i got into EVH, this was the first guitar i ever painted,i had to paint this guitar at least 2 times over cuz it never turned out good, then one day the paint turned out ####ty so i threw the body and it busted into 6 pieces, then my dad found it in the trash and used gorilla glue to hold it together and used wood filler to fill in the cracks where it busted and you cant even tell it busted. so i painted it 1 more time and it finally turned out great, stock squier trem, pickguard for 1 humbucker and 1 vol knob, i had a seymour duncan humbucker in it but i took it out, i took the neck off it to finish my jagstang project which you can see in the jagstang forum but ill post pics of it later.

Nice projects. Did you fit the Floyd yourself?

I'd like to build a FrankenStang or even further hotrod my burgundy mist Jag with a Floyd.

Nice projects. Did you fit the Floyd yourself?

I'd like to build a FrankenStang or even further hotrod my burgundy mist Jag with a Floyd.

thanks!, ya i had to fit 2 floyds, one on this EVH and i built a EVH with a floyd and sold it to someone at school for 120 bucks..good way to make money :lol: but ya i had to put wood filler in the original holes for the strat trem, then sanded it smooth, then painted it, then i took the measureing tape and put it to the side of the neck and drew lines where the holes should go so it would be lined up correctly, i used a drill press to drill the 2 holes for the posts, i had to route out the back cavity cuz the floyd would get hung on the wood so i cut a big chunk out of that and then slid the floyd in, and i had to mount the floyd nut and install a string tree. a frankenstang would be kick ass, and i was even thinking about putting a floyd on one of my shortscales but just havent yet :lol: but if you need any help with the painting process of the EVH style i can help you with that, ever since i painted mine my friends have asked me to paint them one and i sold it to them, and people pay me to paint they're guitars for them..its awesome!

Here is my favorite guitar i own, i can supply more pictures if you want. it is really cool, sounds great. It's dusty, i will have to clean it.

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m412 ... 010067.jpg

Tell me what you think

i saw one of them in the guitar shop down my road but ive never really liked the way it looks

its an RKS isnt it?

Yeah it is an Rks, i really like them. There kind of similar to a mustang i guess. This one is called Rks Darkstar. I have more pics if you want to see em.