• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of mine.

BC RICH BRONZE SERIES MY GRETSCH ELECTROMATIC BASS

i hate you. i want your mustang sooooooo bad

it's cool gilmourish, i bought it super cheap with the knowledge it was not a genuine gibson. i had some gibson pups layin around out of my actual gibson and stuck those in and an entirely new wiring harness. restrung, truss rod and bridge adjustments, and she plays and sounds fantastic. very impressed. actually fooled most of the guys down at the local guitar center (no i wasn't trying to sell it to them under false pretenses, haha)

Here is a bass I built about 13 years ago. Its a 5 string bass I made in wood shop when I was 16. It needs a good cleaning and some strings.

mybass.jpg

mybass1.jpg

I was really into Primus

Very nice! How hard was it to build your own guitar?

Hey HNB, it wasn't really that hard, But there are a few things that I messed up with it, like I routed the neck pocket to deep, but this was my first build all by my self. I built a guitar after this one and it came out great, it is just like most things, it takes practice and you learn from your mistakes.

Here is a bass I built about 13 years ago. Its a 5 string bass I made in wood shop when I was 16. It needs a good cleaning and some strings.

mybass.jpg

mybass1.jpg

I was really into Primus

Hey HNB, it wasn't really that hard, But there are a few things that I messed up with it, like I routed the neck pocket to deep, but this was my first build all by my self. I built a guitar after this one and it came out great, it is just like most things, it takes practice and you learn from your mistakes.

how long did it take for to finish this? how old is this guitar?

how long did it take for to finish this? how old is this guitar?

Its 12 or 13 years old, It took me almost the whole school year in wood shop, I got to work on it about 50 minutes a day 5 days a week. I drew the whole body by hand and that took me probably almost the whole first month of school, and I finished it about 4 weeks before school was over. Not sure how many months that is.

I was really into Primus

Know any place to find good routing templated? I teach at a high school and our wood shop has an awesome setup. Thinking about maybe making a custom guitar body. (Like maybe some strat routing templates or maybe even a les paul body shape. Might be fun to build.)

Know any place to find good routing templated? I teach at a high school and our wood shop has an awesome setup. Thinking about maybe making a custom guitar body. (Like maybe some strat routing templates or maybe even a les paul body shape. Might be fun to build

Sorry Dude, not sure where to find or get any.

Recently traded my mostly vintage parts Mustang for this 1982 Telecaster Elite.

IMAG0092.jpg

Rich that is one hot Maverick you got there.

Thanks! It's a '69. The body has obviously been refinished(all Mavericks/Customs had sunburst fronts and black backs) and the screws that hold the G string tuner in place have been replaced but otherwise it's all original. The volume pot is ####e. It basically goes from "10" directly to "0". I may replace it for functionality since the guitar has already been tampered with.

It's my #1 and I'll never sell it.

It truly is a beauty, Rich. I'm a very jealous man.

I never actually knew you had it, when did you get it?

Thanks man. I sold the sunburst 1966 Jaguar I had to buy it a few months ago. A Maverick has been my ultimate dream guitar since I first learned they existed in the early 2000s. I still can't believe I both a)came across one for sale, and b)was able to move other gear quick enough to make it happen. Luckily my Jag was my friends #1 dream guitar and he jumped on it as soon as I told him I was selling.