Purplehaze19x

pictures of your guitars

i guess the pics should contain only instruments not people? my bad, i'm learning as i go, i should have expected jokes, i can handle it

nah dude that's fine, he was complimenting you, as long as the pic contains a guitar, you're good to go

nah dude that's fine, he was complimenting you, as long as the pic contains a guitar, you're good to go

yeah it's really fine, I like having a face to a name anyways.

wow what year is the danelectro?

also, the picture i put of my jaguar, that can not be the right arm right? It never gets tight either. I don't use it (arm) much anyways. It is basically touching strings!

also, the picture i put of my jaguar, that can not be the right arm right? It never gets tight either. I don't use it (arm) much anyways. It is basically touching strings!

the jag trem was meant to really touch the strings while playing/strumming...that's why the jazzys and jags are good for shoegaze/surf music(taking advantage of that set-up)and its effect...listen to my bloody valentine, j mascis or nels cline and see what i mean

Seriously, how do I get to be an official member of the Squier Vista Club?

dude, are you serious with this question? most of us here only have one or two of these treasured stuff...you don't need the Squier Vista Club 'cause your already royalty in this...in fact you're like the Official Pope of the Squier Vista Vatican(a fitting title indeed..seriously!)

I'll pray on your altar of Vista guitars any day... :razz:

the jag trem was meant to really touch the strings while playing/strumming...that's why the jazzys and jags are good for shoegaze/surf music(taking advantage of that set-up)and its effect...listen to my bloody valentine, j mascis or nels cline and see what i mean

no i understand that. was it meant to be that close? I can't see how you could use it,

you really can't get the right effect because it hits the strings the minute i touch it, it's like it bottoms out. I like that i can hold it while i strum but this can't be correct. I mean i'm not sure, it just feels funny and i guess you are familiar with this bridge? It has a lock on it and it doesn't matter if it's in lock or unlock it does the same because it barely moves and then hits the string.

Would more pictures be helpful?

Maybe thats how it is, in which case i'm gonna bend the f#ck out of it so i can use it effectively.

no i understand that. was it meant to be that close? I can't see how you could use it,

you really can't get the right effect because it hits the strings the minute i touch it, it's like it bottoms out. I like that i can hold it while i strum but this can't be correct. I mean i'm not sure, it just feels funny and i guess you are familiar with this bridge? It has a lock on it and it doesn't matter if it's in lock or unlock it does the same because it barely moves and then hits the string.

Maybe thats how it is, in which case i'm gonna bend the f#ck out of it so i can use it effectively.

I had the same problem with my stang, bend the arm it works like a charm. btw i don't agree with what paltic said. but yes you should listen to MBV on of the best bands ever.

dude, are you serious with this question? most of us here only have one or two of these treasured stuff...you don't need the Squier Vista Club 'cause your already royalty in this...in fact you're like the Official Pope of the Squier Vista Vatican(a fitting title indeed..seriously!)

I'll pray on your altar of Vista guitars any day... :razz:

I did let one Vista get away: I had a Sonic Blue Jagmaster with a Bullet Truss Rod for a few months but sold it. Wasn't feeling it. I thought that it would be similar to the Super-Sonics, but they were way different. Bigger body, wider neck. The Venus XII is amazing, though. Really easy to play for a 25.5 twelve string. Small, bound neck. And they come with real Seymour Duncan split pickups, so doesn't even need to be hot-rodded.

The latest Super-Sonic has yet to arrive, but the plans are well under way for it. Coral version of Fiesta Red for sure. Hard-tailed with a left-hand tele bridge. Not sure whether it will be an Esquire (BG 1400) or a Gretsch (Power'Trons) when it is done. I even have an extra White Penguin pickguard that I'd love to use somehow. Gold hardware? Pearl?

AND, when it's done, I'll have a bunch of Super-Sonic parts that I won't need if somebody is interested.

So that means I'll have six Vistas (but not seven).

Ok from the left:

1.Highway one ( no mods)

2.Nashville deluxe converted to an esquire wanna-be

3. 50’s CIJ reissue. It’s ash and heavy as hell with a big boat-neck, broadcaster pup in the bridge.

4.A very beat up 72 custom cij reissue with a Gibson 57 in the bridge. I have had it since I was a teenager and I used to put humbuckers in everything.

5.Squier tele Custom with p-90s no mods yet.

I did let one Vista get away: I had a Sonic Blue Jagmaster with a Bullet Truss Rod for a few months but sold it. Wasn't feeling it. I thought that it would be similar to the Super-Sonics, but they were way different. Bigger body, wider neck. The Venus XII is amazing, though. Really easy to play for a 25.5 twelve string. Small, bound neck. And they come with real Seymour Duncan split pickups, so doesn't even need to be hot-rodded.

The latest Super-Sonic has yet to arrive, but the plans are well under way for it. Coral version of Fiesta Red for sure. Hard-tailed with a left-hand tele bridge. Not sure whether it will be an Esquire (BG 1400) or a Gretsch (Power'Trons) when it is done. I even have an extra White Penguin pickguard that I'd love to use somehow. Gold hardware? Pearl?

AND, when it's done, I'll have a bunch of Super-Sonic parts that I won't need if somebody is interested.

So that means I'll have six Vistas (but not seven).

I thought the venus was a shortscale? 24"?

I had the same problem with my stang, bend the arm it works like a charm. btw i don't agree with what paltic said. but yes you should listen to MBV on of the best bands ever.

i am very familiar with mbv and dinosaur jr, kevin shields is a genius. J mascis i like alot also but kevin shields is amazing!

more pics perhaps...

Does the vibrato float with resistance? Meaning is the spring still there and attached?

CP's have a threaded arm and if you ever over tighten it caused the collar to unscrew and the spring to no longer function.

Just a thought.

I thought the venus was a shortscale? 24"?

Nope. Venus and Venus XII both 25.5".

Does anybody make a 12 string 24"? I've never heard of such a thing.

My Squier Tele Thinline is a 24.75", which is nice. My least expensive guitar, but my favourite to play lately.

Actually, now that I think about it, my Dick Dale acoustic is a 24.75", too. Only my Strat and my Venus XII are full-sized.

Does the vibrato float with resistance? Meaning is the spring still there and attached?

CP's have a threaded arm and if you ever over tighten it caused the collar to unscrew and the spring to no longer function.

Just a thought.

i'll check this out tonight thank you

Nope. Venus and Venus XII both 25.5".

Does anybody make a 12 string 24"? I've never heard of such a thing.

My Squier Tele Thinline is a 24.75", which is nice. My least expensive guitar, but my favourite to play lately.

Actually, now that I think about it, my Dick Dale acoustic is a 24.75", too. Only my Strat and my Venus XII are full-sized.

got the encyclical from the Squier pope...i also never knew this. thanks for the info man :cool:

Cool. I loved that Affinity model i had. Are the Deluxe bodys standard thickness?

Fran, I got the guitar today, and I can confirm that it is standard strat thickness.

I'll post some pics before too long...

Squier Deluxe Strat I bought from the Bay a couple of weeks ago.

The guitar seems to have been previously owned by a 'sweater'. A bit of corrosion on the upper 5 frets, and the intonation and action screws are rusted. One of the screws on the D string saddle is rusted solid :-( I might have to carefully apply some WD-40.

Nice guitar, good looking, smooth neck (with a weird profile), and nice pickups, with a hotter-than-usual bridge pickup. The aged parts look nice, too. It's a subtle aged effect, one that I didn't notice until I held the knobs in my hand with the knobs from my Affinity.

I cleaned up the fretboard, but some frets still have that 'scratchy' feeling when bending on them.

I'm probably going to leave this guitar stock.

DSC00250.jpg

The guitar seems to have been previously owned by a 'sweater'.[/img]

:lol:

Good score though mate, nice color and a maple fretboard is always a huge bonus.

Squier Deluxe Strat I bought from the Bay a couple of weeks ago.

The guitar seems to have been previously owned by a 'sweater'. A bit of corrosion on the upper 5 frets, and the intonation and action screws are rusted. One of the screws on the D string saddle is rusted solid :-( I might have to carefully apply some WD-40.

Nice guitar, good looking, smooth neck (with a weird profile), and nice pickups, with a hotter-than-usual bridge pickup. The aged parts look nice, too. It's a subtle aged effect, one that I didn't notice until I held the knobs in my hand with the knobs from my Affinity.

I cleaned up the fretboard, but some frets still have that 'scratchy' feeling when bending on them.

That's a nice one. Maybe my eyes are acting weird, but it looks like the frets are slanted. I even turned my head some so it would look straight, but it still looks that way.:lol:

I'm probably going to leave this guitar stock.

DSC00250.jpg