• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of mine.

BC RICH BRONZE SERIES MY GRETSCH ELECTROMATIC BASS

i hate you. i want your mustang sooooooo bad

Fourteen now that I've built a Jagbastard - well, it is in progress. An XavierXV JT90 in Surf Green with a Squier tele thinline neck. The neck is a conversion neck, so the guitar now is a 24.75" scale machine. Pulled out the mini-humbucker and will be making an Esquire-like black pickguard for it. And will remove the knobs and switch and hook the pickup straight to the jack (using a tele control plate with no holes). Well, I probably will put a momentary switch in there.

Guitar was $194, neck was $149.

surfjagbastard.jpg

fourteen.jpg

(notice the extra silver Super-Sonic at the bottom: next project)

Mosaic-top? No wait, mosaics are the translucent one. Is it a "Veneer"? or actually a "tile top"?

I am not sure, I would have to take the pickups out to see. I sent an email to Alden guitars to ask. Either way it is a nice guitar. The pickups sound nice and the electronics are good. The frets are nicely finished too and look cool with a MOT binding.

101_0952-1.jpg

101_0945-2.jpg

This guy says it is a real shelltop but he sells them so who knows.

Same guitar in Abalone

I'm so undecided about what guitar to get next. Either a EB SG Standard, GT or EB Les Paul Traditional, 61 SG RI, VS BJA Les Paul Jr, or a Edwards Les Paul Custom (I can get one cheap here)+ a EB Gibson Les Paul Studio.

It wont be till around June and as you can see the cost jumps all over the place with all these various models. problem is, I want them all! :rolleyes:

Anyways, they all sound very similar when you got as much gain as I use (SG's a little brighter than LP's)so its not even about sound anymore as I love them all, its just about the looks, that's where my indecisiveness comes in.

WHy O why cant I be Rich! :mrgreen:

And you posting pickguardless GT pics don't help non either! :lol:

I'm so undecided about what guitar to get next. Either a EB SG Standard, GT or EB Les Paul Traditional, 61 SG RI, VS BJA Les Paul Jr, or a Edwards Les Paul Custom (I can get one cheap here)+ a EB Gibson Les Paul Studio.

It wont be till around June and as you can see the cost jumps all over the place with all these various models. problem is, I want them all! :rolleyes:

Anyways, they all sound very similar when you got as much gain as I use (SG's a little brighter than LP's)so its not even about sound anymore as I love them all, its just about the looks, that's where my indecisiveness comes in.

WHy O why cant I be Rich! :mrgreen:

And you posting pickguardless GT pics don't help non either! :lol:

Definitely the Traditional. It's got a 50's fat neck, and it's Les Paul heavy. The good heavy. And....and....It's so frigging PRETTY!.

5232627958_d67d146235.jpg

DSC08756 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

My Dean Z79 arrived today! The case for it is HUGE. Sounds great. Still don't know for sure how it came to be. Unlike what I see online, this one doesn't have bindings. It is solid black. The knobs are black instead of gold. It also has the black pickup selector. The neck strap button is by the neck instead of on the back too.

Very cool and great deal online. ($399.00 with case.) Still has the plastic on the plastic on the back and the pickups. :)

Oh all those Les Paul shaped guitars inspired me. I picked up a Agile 3000m with SD 59 and JB pickups. (Gold) I will post pics when it comes.

Finally completed this guitar.

After needing to be returned to the tech 3 times during the process of installing the pickup, I have had the guitar back for about 2 weeks and it is sounding wonderful.

The comp stripe arrived today. It's a little bit wonky, but I think if looks good...

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

For the record, it's a 1999 Affinity Strat I have owned for about 6 months. It's been documented elsewhere on the site...

Finally completed this guitar.

After needing to be returned to the tech 3 times during the process of installing the pickup, I have had the guitar back for about 2 weeks and it is sounding wonderful.

The comp stripe arrived today. It's a little bit wonky, but I think if looks good...

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00266.jpg

For the record, it's a 1999 Affinity Strat I have owned for about 6 months. It's been documented elsewhere on the site...

that's freaking sexy man love the look of the lone bucker in the neck

wow the game has changed. I'm going to have to get better guitars. I love all of these! The shell top is unreal, as is the goldtop. The dbz looks as well built as i've heard it was. A pair of blacktops? wow. Damnitt! I love the competition stripe. If i would have thought of it i would do it to all of mine! I won't steal your idea though, man i really like that. Thanks for the pics!

I can't speak for the others, but I will say thanks for the enthusiastic response :-D

In my opinion, there are waaaaay too few strats sporting comp stripes, so if you want to, I would love to see it! I'm actually thinking of buying a black one and putting it on my Daphne Blue strat.

I have a blue tele. That may be perfect! I'm doing it! Your welcome. This forum will make a huge comeback, as for as activity goes. I know the visits are up but i want the participation increased.