Purplehaze19x

pictures of your guitars

Yup, more strats with comp stripes would meet with my Stamp of Approval. Pink or white would both look good on pink.

I probably am going to comp up my Daphne Blue. The response so far has been very encouraging. Thanks to everyone ^_^

Not a great picture, but here is my blackguard, surf green, Jag-bastard. 24.75" scale, Squier Tele Thinline neck, Xavier body. Lightest solidbody guitar that I've ever picked up.

jagbastardblack.jpeg

And this one, my dream guitar, arrives this week. The first one from the first batch. White Penguin Billy Bo.

P1010006.jpg

Not a great picture, but here is my blackguard, surf green, Jag-bastard. 24.75" scale, Squier Tele Thinline neck, Xavier body. Lightest solidbody guitar that I've ever picked up.

jagbastardblack.jpeg

And this one, my dream guitar, arrives this week. The first one from the first batch. White Penguin Billy Bo.

P1010006.jpg

The White Penguin is rad. I have a Z79 which Billy used in the past. I would love one of those. Set you back a lot?

Thanks.

The WP Billy-Bo was acquired for a big chunk of $$$ (code: each $ costs about $1000). Still, slightly less than they were selling for new. The cool thing about this one is that of the 40 of these made in the last three years, this was the one from the first batch of eight that the gentleman that first ordered them picked for himself. So, in my mind, it is #1. He's sending documentation to me that will confirm as much.

Other Billy G. project: I have a Super Sonic that I'm building as an Esquire, complete with custom SD BG 1400 stacked tele / esquire pickup. I called SD directly, and the lady that took my order said that it would be no problem to make me one, as she was making a few for Billy that afternoon.

Yup, more strats with comp stripes would meet with my Stamp of Approval. Pink or white would both look good on pink.

I probably am going to comp up my Daphne Blue. The response so far has been very encouraging. Thanks to everyone :-)

How about starting a thread about guitars with comp stripes.

We'll see which ones work, which ones fail. Try to imagine a Les Paul with comp stripes. hehe.

wow, what a collection surfsonic.

That billy bo has me speechless wade. Congrats! I think i would stop with that one. You are going to have a hard time out doing that one! I want a ric and a billy bo to end my collection and then i'm done.

Thanks for the pics guys.

I have a friend with a printing company and i asked him to make me 25 comp stripes in different colors and he asked me to get the specs so i did a search and it brought me to jagstang! ha I was like wait a minute, this looks familiar. If anyone wants one in a certain color or size and you can't find it, i can have him print them for me for nothing and mail them. I have been on a sticker collecting spree to change the appearance of some older beat up guitars.

wow, what a collection surfsonic.

That billy bo has me speechless wade. Congrats! I think i would stop with that one. You are going to have a hard time out doing that one! I want a ric and a billy bo to end my collection and then i'm done.

Thanks for the pics guys.

The White Penguin Billy Bo has landed and joined its new family.

family2011.jpg

Heck. Yeah.

I'm jealous like crazy. You got it all covered. Amazing collection'

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. Hmmmmm. What is missing? I ordered a new Squier Jaguar in Fiesta Red today. I'm building a Coral Pink Super-Sonic as an Esquire. I still need a Daphne Blue guitar. And a small hollowbody, maybe (Gibson 339 or White Falcon Junior).

Time to start the amplifier pile, I guess.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. Hmmmmm. What is missing? I ordered a new Squier Jaguar in Fiesta Red today. I'm building a Coral Pink Super-Sonic as an Esquire. I still need a Daphne Blue guitar. And a small hollowbody, maybe (Gibson 339 or White Falcon Junior).

Time to start the amplifier pile, I guess.

I need a 335 type. I'm pretty sure it'll be a sheraton 2.

Just a few of mine:

CIMG5181.jpg

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

http://www.myspace.com/thekilaueas

Very nice collection. Any chance we can see a pic or two of that Custom?

I have a 69 Maverick. It had a body only refinish in Ice Blue Metallic but I just got an original finish body for it the other day.

Here's my Maverick before I got the new body...

P1040003.jpg

and after...

DSC_0605.jpg

Very nice collection. Any chance we can see a pic or two of that Custom?

I have a 69 Maverick. It had a body only refinish in Ice Blue Metallic but I just got an original finish body for it the other day.

Here's my Maverick before I got the new body...

P1040003.jpg

and after...

DSC_0605.jpg

Yeah! The Maverick is a very cool rare guitar! I love mine too!!!

I am not a big fan of sunburn guitars... I love your ice blue metallic body much more than the sunburst. Okay, the sunburst is the original body...

So I don`t want to destroy my original Custom /Maverick of course.

Are you selling your ice blue metallic body? feel free to contact me! Would be happy to make a deal!

Here are some more pics of mine. One in action on stage. Guitars were built to play! Even on stage!

CIMG5418.jpg

CIMG5420.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah! The Maverick is a very cool rare guitar! I love mine too!!!

I am not a big fan of sunburn guitars... I love your ice blue metallic body much more than the sunburst. Okay, the sunburst is the original body...

So I don`t want to destroy my original Custom /Maverick of course.

Are you selling your ice blue metallic body? feel free to contact me! Would be happy to make a deal!

Here are some more pics of mine. One in action on stage. Guitars were built to play! Even on stage!

CIMG5418.jpg

CIMG5420.jpg

image.jpg

WHOA yours is clean! Very nice. Even though I like my sunburst body way more I don't want to get rid of the blue one for now. Despite it not being used it is original to all the other parts and I think it would be a shame to permanently separate it from the rest after over 40 years. If I change my mind I'll certainly let you know though. Nice to see another Maverick/Custom owner that loves theirs. Mine is hands down my favorite guitar I've EVER owned.

Out of curiosity, is yours nitro or poly finished? And does your neck have a cut and shortened Electric XII headstock or is it one of the later purpose built ones? Mine has one of the purpose built necks and although I was under the impression that they were all poly finished, my original finish body is definitely nitro.