Purplehaze19x

pictures of your guitars

Yes I am very envious.I think the Maverick is the coolest Fender ever.I don't have anything that cool.

DSCF0008.jpg

are these lps new? damn it wes you are killing us with those pics..... that teaburst is gorgeous ....as all your guitars!!!

Thanks WTR! I have similar feelings about your Bronco. It's incredible.

It was really nice here the other day so I took my first shots of my sunburst Maverick body in natural light. <3

DSC_0738.jpg

DSC_0747.jpg

230395_223965410962890_100000482995728_962976_6099997_n.jpg

Despite how much I hate my phone's camera, it's what I'm working with.

Squier Jagmaster- SD Sh-6 and a Dimarzio Seth Lover PAF in the neck, 500k pots. New Fender Locking tuners too.

Epi LP Custom- SD SH-14 Custom 5 in the bridge, SD 59' in the neck, 500k pots. Coil-tapped, Phase inverter for the 59.

I'd show my brand-spanking new Peavey Classic 30, but I think this is the wrong thread for that.

My birthday present from my wife and daughter. Sorry pic is so big.

-

-

036.jpg

-

-

so this is most of it..not pictured is mesa/boogie, vox ac-4, tech 21 para, and 2 other strats. Not nearly a collection like most. I'm proud of them though. They all have a history and are important to me. thanks

-

-

039.jpg

My birthday present from my wife and daughter. Sorry pic is so big.

-

-

036.jpg

-

-

so this is most of it..not pictured is mesa/boogie, vox ac-4, tech 21 para, and 2 other strats. Not nearly a collection like most. I'm proud of them though. They all have a history and are important to me. thanks

-

-

039.jpg

How do you like the floor style guitar rack? I need something like that. I have more guitars than cases to put them in. ^^; Nice guitar! That a Sheraton? I used to have one of those. :)

How do you like the floor style guitar rack? I need something like that. I have more guitars than cases to put them in. ^^; Nice guitar! That a Sheraton? I used to have one of those. :)

They don't fit as well as i'd like. It works though. I just got the Sheraton. Thank you, I love it. It's got this dark sound that i needed. When i play clean it has a nice bluesy sting to it as well. It plays way better than my les paul. I don't feel clumsy on it like i do with the les paul. You can see the sheraton doesn't fit perfect. My jag also fit's weird in there. It does the job. I like it better than when i had them just lying everywhere. The sheraton looks like a monster in there!

001.jpg

-

-

002.jpg

No risk of bodies bumping each other while on the rack? That was my main concern. My Sheraton sounded great too. I like your dark version over the blonde and gold one I sold.

No risk of bodies bumping each other while on the rack? That was my main concern. My Sheraton sounded great too. I like your dark version over the blonde and gold one I sold.

I would say there is a risk. When i first slide one in it will move a bit, especially an offset waist or bigger semi-hollow style. It's safer than leaving them lying around. I don't remove the tremolo arms and that presents another small problem if they move. Small problem could turn into a humongous problem if they slide and do something un-natural to the arm. If you take your time and lay them in there correctly i can't see a problem. Most of the risk would be my fault for improper storage techniques. ha. If you kinda toss them in there the body, if not angled properly, could hit the ground through the bottom. I hate to see you buy something and it isn't right, is there a way i can take a picture that will better show you? I can put just one or two in there and snap some shots from different angles. I think if you modified it slightly with a little bit of a different angle and then had a rubber band bungee thing to secure it at the headstock you would have very little risk. I know no one here is scared to modify something. I also think if the bottom of the base could be a little higher off the ground you would remove the risk of body bumping the ground. Overall i'm very happy with it though. Hope that helps.

If you look at the picture with my mesa in it you can see the strat body almost hitting the floor. I actually think it is on the floor now that i'm thinking about it. I still say it's a good purchase and if i get 5 more guitars (not happening) i would get another.

Edited by brandonwinmill

I would say there is a risk. When i first slide one in it will move a bit, especially an offset waist or bigger semi-hollow style. It's safer than leaving them lying around. I don't remove the tremolo arms and that presents another small problem if they move. Small problem could turn into a humongous problem if they slide and do something un-natural to the arm. If you take your time and lay them in there correctly i can't see a problem. Most of the risk would be my fault for improper storage techniques. ha. If you kinda toss them in there the body, if not angled properly, could hit the ground through the bottom. I hate to see you buy something and it isn't right, is there a way i can take a picture that will better show you? I can put just one or two in there and snap some shots from different angles. I think if you modified it slightly with a little bit of a different angle and then had a rubber band bungee thing to secure it at the headstock you would have very little risk. I know no one here is scared to modify something. I also think if the bottom of the base could be a little higher off the ground you would remove the risk of body bumping the ground. Overall i'm very happy with it though. Hope that helps.

If you look at the picture with my mesa in it you can see the strat body almost hitting the floor. I actually think it is on the floor now that i'm thinking about it. I still say it's a good purchase and if i get 5 more guitars (not happening) i would get another.

That is helpful. The spot I am in at the moment is I have sixteen guitars and nowhere to put them. I don't have enough cases for them all and I would like to display them better. My options are wall mounts or a floor stand. I have a room mate that will be moving out sometime this next year so I will have that room to hang the guitars, but I am not sure if that or a floor stand like you have would be best. I would need two or three of them to hold my guitars and that brings the cost up "a bit." verses using wall mounts. If I go the wall way, I have to wait until some time this coming year for the roomie to leave. :)

Some Updates

Found this little Epiphone Les Paul Special II in the dumpster near my girlfriend's house about 2 months ago for free. I was driving up and it was just sitting there in a moldy case that was wide open to the elements with a modly strap.

_c1020859_image_0.jpg_c1010335_image_0.jpg

Before is on the top, after is on the bottom after I added some stickers - including a home made Lawn Mower engine sticker on the top bass side for some ####s and giggles. Sounds pretty good, and nothing was wrong with the electronics when I got it (surprisingly). So another one to the collection. My Paul Dean killed my GAS but I still love finding stuff like this. Have not been able to talk much, been working on getting a (better) job and moving to a new place eventually. Hopefully I'll be back up to my youtube insanity before too long.

it's nice to be back in here!

@brandon: nice set of guitars man! it's good that you've stayed in the forum and somehow have been able to adjust/blend with the folks around here...also that Sheraton's hot! (wish i had a wife and a daughter that gives guitars for presents)

@hnb: nice collection man!!! you seriously need to get a guitar stand/hanger(in any form imho)though. if you're not gonna take good care of those babies then you'll have to send me those jag-stangs as an act of mercy. id love to adapt those and buy them some guitar stands/bags :D

@mad-mike: you made a simple guitar look cool with those stickers :lol:

@everyone else new & old in the forum: hi!

it's nice to be back in here!

@brandon: nice set of guitars man! it's good that you've stayed in the forum and somehow have been able to adjust/blend with the folks around here...also that Sheraton's hot! (wish i had a wife and a daughter that gives guitars for presents)

@hnb: nice collection man!!! you seriously need to get a guitar stand/hanger(in any form imho)though. if you're not gonna take good care of those babies then you'll have to send me those jag-stangs as an act of mercy. id love to adapt those and buy them some guitar stands/bags :D

@mad-mike: you made a simple guitar look cool with those stickers :lol:

@everyone else new & old in the forum: hi!

Long time Paltic. I left for around 6 mths and i missed it. Glad you are back and thanks for digging my sheraton!!

-

-

Mad-Mike: Hell of a job. You turned someones trash into a real treasure. I would gig with that thing and at some point they will be telling that story in rolling stone magazine! ha. Killer job bro! Nothing better than a guitar with a story. I imagine if you pull me out of the dumpster and got me right i would play my ass off for you. I can think of a couple songs you could write about your relationship with that guitar. Impressive!