Sign in to follow this  
gilmourish

Hartman Flanger

My latest (proper) new pedal, have spoken to Luke/foxy about it and he loves it too... cant post youtube link atm (someone else will do it..). It's a copy of the original 18v electric mistress but with a filter switch liek the deluxe electric mistress and the components have less noise etc. aswell as being brought down to 9v. Sounds amazing, michel/DemoColourScheme on youtube has/had one and it is possibly the most lush modulation pedal I've ever heard... Should be getting one in the next few months as was intending on getting a deluxe electric mistress for teh gilmourz but as he actually used one of the 18v ones for most of the time I think it is a beautiful investment :D is also great for that ambient sound and hopefully for some cure sounds aswell.

Thats the one. The second one is Michel's demo. I have so much #### love for him.

I'm not a fan of crazy flanging and the whole getting sucked through a warp hole and then flying backwards out the otherside thing. Chorus like flanging like Michel does with Arafura and The Arctic Flow do ftw! The DEM is too metallic sounding and swooshy, rather than lush and swirly. Hartman ftw.

GASing this, a Diamond Halo Chorus, Yamaha FX500, Dr Scientist Cosmichorus and a TC Electronics SCF for the most epic chorus storm ever >_>

Garbage demo's. Wtf is with all the delay and reverb? Cant get to hear the Flanger properly :-mad

I've got an FL-9, best Flanger i've ever tried.

because with all the reverb and delay is how im gonna use rather than "YEAHHHH IM EDDIE VAN HALEN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH DIVE BOMBBBB NEEEAWWHHHHHH" I want a chorusey flange so i can be ambient and pretend to be david gilmour.

You can here the flanging just fine. :-hmmm

It's more of a chorusy flange rather than swooshy airplane sounds.

I figured that, its like the FL-9 in that respect but the other effects are making it sound richer/warmer than it perhaps is.

Would you demo a Roland Space Echo with a Digitech Grunge? No. Why not? You hear the delay right? :lol:

It's a super rich and lush pedal, the delay + reverb makes for a more musical and interesting demo imo. But I love delay and reverb and I love Michel's playing, so maybe I'm biased. He uses the delay and reverb well and has great tone, you can't begrudge him that ;o

I don't really like dirt into delay, but I think the space echo would still sound pretty great >_>

Yeah it does sound great thats why the other effects frustrated me, i'd like to hear it by itself to compare the FL-9.

Subtle Flange is awesome but unfortunately its one of the most abused effects there is [/jetlolz].