• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the jag-stang neck isn't that great >.> and it doesn't make up for the ugliest body shape since the wangcaster.

Have you played as JS? Don't worry your KuRtZzZ time will come.........

And how dare you say the wangcaster is ugly. :-mad We schould be proud of it:

thewangcaster.jpg

But seriously: ''Do they actually sell these things or what?''

They are'nt amazing i'll admit like most Fenders, but, its a guitar of our generation (well some of us). I cant help but feel disappointed a lot of players never embraced the JS, Toronado, Supersonic and Cyclone. Instead they went for the traditional stuff, because artists they like did in most cases. The problem with this is there is no progression in design so companies like Fender stop creating new ideas and churn out 10 variations of the Strat and Tele every year. Yawn. :-tired

Having bought a strat a couple of weeks ago, it has quickly become the first guitar I pick up to play. The comfort, feel and sound really can't be beat for me, although telecasters will always be No. 1 for me.

I'm of the belief that an offset body only makes a difference to anything (otherr than appearance) when it is played sitting down. And even then it really makes no difference one way or another to me.

I've never been convinced of the practical merits of offsets. It seems to me the main appeal lies in the fact they look a bit more different to strats and teles, which - while there is absolutely nothing wrong with them - truly are common as muck, and for this very reason, some people just refuse to own one.

Good for you. Personally i dislike middle pickups and knobs close to the bridge so a Strat is less comfortable to me. I also prefer the Jaguar tremolo over any other tremolo and i think Mustang necks rule. I also like H/S pickup configurations so the JS is appealing (along with the neck).

True i was initially drawn to the shape of offsets like most offset players but it goes beyond that.

The problem with this is there is no progression in design so companies like Fender stop creating new ideas and churn out 10 variations of the Strat and Tele every year. Yawn. :-tired

This. Then those same silly players play those same ole blues that they always have on them. Meh.

I like my jazzy because of the trem... but i think offsets look freaking awesome (glenn :P) and the looks are half the reason i love my jazzy.

I personally dislike teles, i find the controls too close together and the tone doesnt make up for that. 72 tele custom is still an amazing guitar and one i hope to buy in the near fututure... but i wouldnt consider that a telecaster compared to the standard tele.

Strats.... I love that position 4 tone (neck and middle) and position 2 for that glassy gilmour clean sound. My next guitar will be a fender classic players 60s strat, i love the fat neck, the pickups, the 2 point trem. everything... such a gorgeous guitar, as a self confessed stevie ray vaughan and gilmour fanboy... i just need a strat. My jazzy will still be for everything other than blues, but i just need a strat!