I've had a Sonic Blue Jag-Stang in the past and to be honest, the colour/finish looked a little bit better then my Fiesta Red one that i have.

Not saying that the Fiesta Red one looks bad, it's just that the blue one looked a little bit better. (probably because Cobain used the Sonic Blue one himself) :oops:

I like Sonic Blue more as it's a lighter and bluer shade of my favorite color (Aqua/Turquoise), but in the end I don't really care that much as long as the guitar sounds good and plays good, I'll play it regardless of what color it is.

I prefer sonic red than fiesta blue tbh :lol:

I'd prefer fender to do some more colous schemes if they reissue the j-s but i don't think they will.

a black JS with a mint guard would be kinda cool

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=mp143&Body=2&Path=Body

just have to build it or wait for fender to reissue it

and to answer the thread and not spam, i'm a fiesta red kinda guy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Simple enough thread for me... sonic blue.

Hi everyone. Tony from NY here. Being a fan of 24" scale Fenders, and obviously a old Nirvana fan and Jag-Stang owner, I've visited the site frequently over the last few years but never registered. I own two Jag-Stangs. My 1st is a sonic blue I bought new in 96', and the other was a grizzly looking thing from a local flea market I bought at the overwhelming price of $50 back in 99'. It was bad... thus the price. Since then it's gone from it's original blue to a nice off-white with a tortoise pickguard, a Duncan hotrail in the neck, and a Duncan JB in the bridge. All the hardware has been replaced. The one I bought in 96' is all stock and looks like it did when I brought it home (it rarely sees light)... I guess the Fender 50th Anniversary Jag-Stangs were made in 95' (???). I think I read that here somewhere.

I recently gave my younger cousin a Mustang reissue (don't know the year as I got it used) and I have a 62' Jaguar reissue from around the time I bought the new Jag-Stang. The Jaguar reissue is apart right now and it's either going to be routed and customized or I'm going to buy a vintage... don't know which way to go yet and I'll give you some insight into that. I hate to share this info as it's enough to make me puke but my 1st guitar that I was given and took lessons on was an original 64' Jaguar that was bought for me by my parents in 1987. That was bought at a flea market, it was in today's standards MINT, sunburst, and it had all the original case candy including two "catalogs" for the 64' & 65' Fenders. I think dad paid around $300 for it from a little instrument shop at the flea. I didn't go with them when they bought it as it was a surprise, and dad being a Beach Boys fanatic thought it would be an investment and at the same time it gave me something to learn guitar on. I never really cared for it's looks and body style and it was traded in for an American Strat in 89'... TRADED... along with an extra $500 from the pocket :0/ I found myself two years later looking to buy a near mint 65' Jag for around $600 but I bought another Strat instead. I regret the 1st loss more than anything else but now I obviously regret not buying the 65' as it would cost me at least 2k now for a fair (even poor) shaped one.

Well, just wanted to chime in, give you a little bit about me, and say hi as well :)

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=mp143&Body=2&Path=Body

just have to build it or wait for fender to reissue it

and to answer the thread and not spam, i'm a fiesta red kinda guy

eh if I was gonna build a JS for myself I'd be much more unconventional

prolly graffiti yellow with a red pg (not tort, just solid red) and black pups and knobs, but anywho, I dun have that kinda money.....

• 1 month later...