Danelectro DC 59

paltic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clapton is also pretty crap.

is clapton is "crap" what are you?

You honestly think that anything Clapton has done since Cream broke up is worthy of praise? He was original, but he's just been playing the same rubbish for ages now. I mean maybe you can enjoy his solos or melodies or whatever just for what they are, but like AC/DC, he just plays the same thing over and over again. He's no more original or praiseworthy than bands like Nickelback are.

Oh, I wasn't aware he ever played one, hence why I said what I did.

I like the way that guitar looks. It's a shame how bad they feel.

He used it sparingly when in Blind Faith and painted it himself i think.

I really love the DC 59 and find it extremely usable, reliable and versatile. I also understand why some people don't consider it to have the above atributes, however, i personally can't get on with Strats but a hell of a lot of people obviously can.

that painted guitar reminds me of Paisley rock:

smash1_final.jpg

billy269.jpg

i got what Disappearer is pointing out..i think he was refering to Clapton's current material...he used to be praise-worthy(he still is and can be called a God w/ his old stuff) but after several years he just went to that 'pop' thingy and kept on making re-hashes of Layla like Sting doing that Symphonicities thing...i think he's not not really a total crap

...still Sleater-Kinney is the way people! 8)

that painted guitar reminds me of Paisley rock:

smash1_final.jpg

billy269.jpg

i got what Disappearer is pointing out..i think he was refering to Clapton's current material...he used to be praise-worthy(he still is and can be called a God w/ his old stuff) but after several years he just went to that 'pop' thingy and kept on making re-hashes of Layla like Sting doing that Symphonicities thing...i think he's not not really a total crap

...still Sleater-Kinney is the way people! 8)

I cannot overstate how much I love Smashing Pumpkins. I love them so so very much.

*Saves pictures*

Not me! I've had nightmares about that photo!

*shudders*

hahahaha, i know what you mean by that nate :lol: i think we're of the same batch and the early 90s seem very 'retro' now esp. with that drastic shuffling of fashion trends and imagery per album they've made....and 'gasp' long curly haired Billy

Not me! I've had nightmares about that photo!

*shudders*

hahahaha, i know what you mean by that nate :lol: i think we're of the same batch and the early 90s seem very 'retro' now esp. with that drastic shuffling of fashion trends and imagery per album they've made....and 'gasp' long curly haired Billy

nate????

i can't say as i've ever been called that before :lol:

is it an american name?

I have never really been into dano's that much, but I loved this one that fatdog at subway put together from some old parts.

dano.jpg

The vol and tone where also push/pull knobs, I think it did series and parellel, and the other was in phase and out of phase, it was really cool sounding and didn't feel that bad, but it was so freakin neck heavy.

I love the birds eye maple top one he made though. I think this is the one where someone smashed the top of it in and broke it, so fatdog made a new top for it.

dano1.jpg

:-D

I have never really been into dano's that much, but I loved this one that fatdog at subway put together from some old parts.

dano.jpg

The vol and tone where also push/pull knobs, I think it did series and parellel, and the other was in phase and out of phase, it was really cool sounding and didn't feel that bad, but it was so freakin neck heavy.

I love the birds eye maple top one he made though. I think this is the one where someone smashed the top of it in and broke it, so fatdog made a new top for it.

dano1.jpg

:-D

i dig 8)