Can someone tell me if there's any diffrence in the vintage Jaguar and the "servicmen" copies? (other than cosmetics) Do the pickups sound good? is the guitar it's self any good?

I want a Jag but don't have alot of money to get one and the servicemen jags are like $50-$100.Would it be worth the money?

I've heard they are hit and miss, usually miss. A few people here have had them but they take some work and upgrades to play good. Considering how cheap you can now pick up a beat up CIJ Jag these days i would'nt entertain a copy.

I've heard they are hit and miss, usually miss. A few people here have had them but they take some work and upgrades to play good. Considering how cheap you can now pick up a beat up CIJ Jag these days i would'nt entertain a copy.

about how much for a beaten up CIJ?

I had one of these: 'Servicemen Jags'.

And believe me they are crap......... The pickups where crap + mine had a real MIJ Jaguar neck but it was so ####ed up that my luthier couldn't do anything to save it. + The electronics wheren't working when i got mine. (i knew that when i brought it, but still it does say something about how poor these guitars where made)

Here's some pics of the piece of #### in question:

dsc00423r.jpg

dsc00422a.jpg

dsc00421i.jpg

dsc00420jt.jpg

My advice:

Save up for eighter a secondhand/new MIJ/CIJ/Mex Jaguar, or buy a Gibson Les Paul Studio/Standard secondhand.

I recently got a LP Studio Fireburst, (the best looking out of all the Studio models imo)

And it's seriously the best guitar that i own/have owned no BS!!!!!!!!! (it's also better then the Studio Lite one that i had before)