The anti...

If one is against soloing, would a solo come to exist? No, you would get a calculated/practiced/improvised noisy mess. Or one that's totally erratic in comparison to boring/normal solos.

Thanks :-D so antisoloing is like the intro to slip it in by Black Flag?

and a "normal" solo is like the solo of Heart breaker by Zepplin?

The anti...

If one is against soloing, would a solo come to exist? No, you would get a calculated/practiced/improvised noisy mess. Or one that's totally erratic in comparison to boring/normal solos.

Heartbreaker is a bit strange as it is... It had a few experimental techniques for when it was recorded. Normal solos are more like Sweet Child of Mine or something.

The anti...

Heartbreaker is a bit strange as it is... It had a few experimental techniques for when it was recorded. Normal solos are more like Sweet Child of Mine or something.

Oh ok I get it.

@Earth so antisolo is just all over the neck notes,bends,hammer ons hammer offs,and slides not played in any specific way just mostly improv?

The Heartbreaker solo was put in as an after thought when the initail track had been completed. It is also half a pitch sharp to the song itself!

Anti-Solo = ''More use of weird notes and sometimes effects like: Chorus/Flanger/Phaser/Delay etc.'' In other words, more punk style and they sound rougher.more chaotic. A anti-solo can even be just power chords only.

While,

Normal Solo = More use of scales and play it most of the time exactly like it's on the song. It can also include effects such as: Wah and certain Boost pedals to give a extra bite to it.

You just hear and feel it, when you hear a normal or a anti-solo........ :)

Daniel... have you had any music lessons at school?

You understand melody and how it accompanies a piece of music? Flute, violin, piano, guitar, vocal... its all the same.

Most Classical musicians see pop music as diluted, mostly because of its limitations and shallow composition. A 'solo' is traditionally a melody that got blown out of proportion in the 70s and 80s so then suffered a backlash or 'Anti' crowd.

Gregg Ginn in Black Flag played a lot of solo's or short melodies, a dissonant player maybe but not 'anti solo'.

'Anti solo' to me means players that refuse to play (or cant play) flash or traditional blues based solos. They will still play a melody though in most cases and if they dont the singer will be adding a melody, or even the bass player.

So yeah, Earth was more or less right really :lol:

Daniel... have you had any music lessons at school?

You understand melody and how it accompanies a piece of music? Flute, violin, piano, guitar, vocal... its all the same.

Most Classical musicians see pop music as diluted, mostly because of its limitations and shallow composition. A 'solo' is traditionally a melody that got blown out of proportion in the 70s and 80s so then suffered a backlash or 'Anti' crowd.

Gregg Ginn in Black Flag played a lot of solo's or short melodies, a dissonant player maybe but not 'anti solo'.

'Anti solo' to me means players that refuse to play (or cant play) flash or traditional blues based solos. They will still play a melody though in most cases and if they dont the singer will be adding a melody, or even the bass player.

So yeah, Earth was more or less right really :lol:

ok I see what you mean.

• 5 weeks later...

^ everything said above's right

Solo - Metallica's One, Pearl Jam's Alive, Pantera's Cemetery Gates

Anti-solo - Sonic Youth's Bull in the Heather, Korn's Got the Life, Kelly Clarkson's Since You've Been Gone :lol:

now define: Led Zep's Whole Lotta Love, Smashing Pumpkin's Drown and Radiohead's Paranoid Android :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 4 weeks later...