Duosonic Pros, Cons?

It's used but a recent purchase and in immaculate "excellent" condition with intonation right on the money.

Objectively, people, is it worth $230 :?:

Not used, that's damn near what you'd get it for new. Especially if you are paying S&H...Then that's just dumb. 200 at most, for a used Squire Duo.

Played a Squire Classic Vibe Duosonic the other day, used, immaculate, liked it and am considering buying it. I've heard good and not-so-good about this guitar. What do you think?

i kinda like the appearance of this guitar and yes i will also buy something that's used for this Squier.it looks beautiful, just don't know about the sound

I personally didn't like the ONE I played ONE TIME. I disliked the feel of the neck and didn't like the sound of the pickups. On top of that, I dun like the color scheme. But that's just me and again I've only played one and it was quite a while ago now...... like at least a year.... and I've not really looked at any since......

SmutVendetta wrote: "Not used, that's damn near what you'd get it for new. Especially if you are paying S&H...Then that's just dumb. 200 at most, for a used Squire Duo."

No, there's no S&H...it's in a shop near me. I believe MSLP is about $500 USD :-wow ...anyone know for sure the "Street Price" new?

SmutVendetta wrote: "Not used, that's damn near what you'd get it for new. Especially if you are paying S&H...Then that's just dumb. 200 at most, for a used Squire Duo.
"

No, there's no S&H...it's in a shop near me. I believe MSLP is about $500 USD :-wow ...anyone know for sure the "Street Price" new?

I thought they went for like $270 or so.....

SmutVendetta wrote: "Not used, that's damn near what you'd get it for new. Especially if you are paying S&H...Then that's just dumb. 200 at most, for a used Squire Duo.
"

the actual selling price here in local shops ranges from (converted to USD) $450-$500...you can get them from evilbay at about $330 w/ free shipping in U.S. The price is worth it if you're from the U.S.

The guitar indeed looks beautiful(nevermind that its Made in China)...I'd buy something that's used in a lower price, mod it and rape the hell out of it til it becomes a Japanese Squier (just kidding) :lol:

Considering what I paid for the Samick shredder that I'd give the seller, plus the $170 cash, I'd be paying a total of $230...about $100 less than the price of a new one.

Maggieo had to replace her first one cuz it had a bad neck. And I've heard some reissue Duo-Sonics just will not intonate.

If this weren't perfect, including intonation, it wouldn't be much of a deal. I think I'm gonna do it... and put a cream pearloid pickguard on it! :-D

i like it as it is. the gold pickguard looks cool with that cream body...

Yep, I agree, Paltic. The gold pickguard, cream body, honey Maple neck & headstock all harmonize beautifully for a clean, smooth look faithful to the original.

But I have this vision...a cream pearloid pickguard will add understated jive. Gonna do it.

and I might do a light spray on the body of Fender Neck Amber to give it an aged patina... B)

Brought home my Duo-Sonic with new gold volume & tone knobs. Thanks everyone for your advice and support. You have been great, really helped me make the decision.

Been putting it through it's paces here in a hotel using my travel amp and can't wait to hear it at home thru my Peavey. I'm finding the neck similar to my Mustang...likin the fret size and bending's a ball. Holds its tuning too.

Tone-wise, it sounds fairly wide and strong. For example, using the neck pup with tone at zero, and amp gain at 6 ("Woman Tone"), this Duo-Sonic's noticeably stronger when I'm playin the high E up around the 17th fret. My Mustang, I have to dial up a bit of tone to get this (I'm forgiving of the Mustang's pups, they been workin many long years).

Ya know, with these jive gold knobs, I don't think I need a cream pearloid pickguard. And I believe they make it sound better, too. :wink: