Sign in to follow this  
fenderblender

EARLY Jag-Stang Serial Numbers!!

HEY FELLOW FENDER FRIENDS!! Here's a question- this is for all the JAG-STANG owners here. OK, everyone knows the Jag-Stang was introduced in 1996, but has anyone ever seen, or owned one that was made in 1995? This would require a serial number that begins with a "U", not a "V", and the numbers after the "U" have to be quite low- under 020,000- example-( U-O18432) Also, since i'm sure everyone knows, ALL 1996 Fenders had the "50th Anniversary Sticker" on the head. so a 1995 would not. My Jag-stang has a "U"-0160xx serial number, which indicates late 1995, and it has never had the "50th" sticker on the back of the head. PLUS the neck pocket is stamped "J-T 95".(they all might be). I just wanted to see if anyone else has one like this, b/c it's starting to seem like i have a very rare Jag-stang. LET ME KNOW!!!

I've got a 95 JS really not any rarer than the rest of em. also, mine has the sticker, so I'm thinking yours did too and it just fell off, or the previous owner took it off or something similar, but even if the sticker was never there, your guitar's prolly not rare and isn't gonna be worth anything more than the rest of em. Srry dude.

Mine is a T, which means it was made between 94-95 in the Fuji-gen plant.

Check out guitardaterproject.org to see when and where yours was made.