Kurt Cobain 3 Way Jaguar Toggle Control Plate for sale

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta disagree... Instead of new members creating the same topics over and over again, they should try using the 'search' function (which is easy to find AND easy to use. I've done it several times).

it means your r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d. and learn grammar for crying out loud,..it pisses me of.

Also, Cobain was murdered, he wasn't suicidal! He was a joker, he liked to tell white lies and mislead the media. Most of his best friends say he wasn't suicidal, HE said he wasn't suicidal, he wante

irish_punk only had 2 grammatical errors (missing ""s), while your reply had 6.

The pot is calling the kettle black :-D

You don't have any right AT ALL to call anyone on thier grammar.

yeah ,..my bad.

it would be easier in dutch for me.

like i said,...i don't agree or disagree.

and there is enough hate in the world already!!

can't we all just get along?

• 3 months later...

I don't wanna be like Teh Kurdtz. He's a dead drug addict that was married to a lunatic.

And I'm a living drug addict that was engaged to a lunatic, what's your point?

:mrgreen:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, I know how Cobain's Jaguar was wired but I'm not gonna tell ya cause it will just fuel Teh Kurdtz!

I'd rather see people make their guitars THEIRS in place of someone else's!

I bought my Jag-Stang because I was looking for a new guitar and liked the unique look of it. And unlike most, I love the sound of the stock JS. Being a huge Nirvana and Kurt Cobain fan, I smiled when my research showed me he designed it. But to be honest, Kurt Cobain isn't why I bought my Jag-Stang. He didn't even like how the Jag-Stang came out, and didn't use it.

Anyone who buys it for that reason is wrongly imitating Kurt Cobain.

There will always be fans and people who are infatuated with artists.

Everyone imitates everyone. When they asked Kurt how he would describe Nirvana,

he said "a Scratch Acid and Gang of Four rip-off". Everyone imitates everyone,

hopefully while still including their own personal traits.

No need to be d***s to anyone offering KC imitations,

just tell them to properly imitate, avoid the JS and pick

up a mid 60's Mustang and a black-face Twin Reverb. Peace.

it means your r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d.

and learn grammar for crying out loud,..it pisses me of.

Yeah, and you're a jackass. The phrase you're looking for is no OFFENSE. You can't even use English correctly, and you're telling me I'm retarded.

Also like Robb said, I only missed a few "s"s, so you can go fuck yourself.

Yeah, and you're a jackass. The phrase you're looking for is no OFFENSE. You can't even use English correctly, and you're telling me I'm retarded.

thanks for pointing me out here!!

but 'respect' was the word i was looking for in previous post,....hard to find on this form!!!

Oh dear look what we started.

Talking about kc does'nt strictly offend people, although the same old recurring questions and innane hero tone worship gets on our nerves quite a bit. Mainly due to the fact that his sound was flippin' awful.

Yeah that's the biggest problem I have with Cobain fans. They worship him like he was some guitar god, when he wasn't even anything special.

He probably can't use english well because he is DUTCH. Man, read and think before you speak. He said that his english wasn't perfect because he is dutch. You know what language he is probably fluent in? yes, DUTCH. Dutch is spoken in the netherlands. You are probably only familiar with never neverland, this is not the same place. haha Got it smart ass?

Yeah that's the biggest problem I have with Cobain fans. They worship him like he was some guitar god, when he wasn't even anything special.

I am a kurt fan and i don't "worship him as a guitar god" or whatever. Don't generalize all nirvana fans please. He was a great song writer in my opinion. He robbed the pixies and scratch acid and the beatles but he did wonders for bands like the melvins and sonic youth. You wouldn't know who the vaselines were or the meat puppets. He almost wasn't allowed to do unplugged because of the song choice and the guest artists, but he did it his way and the rest is history. As far as him being "nothing special". Seriously? You really think that or you want to throw rocks because every one else is throwing rocks and you fell like a badass joining the others? You calling him nothing special is an opinion and i disagree as usual.

Anyways, about the sounding alike thing. I was listening to the new cake cd with my wife and the same thing happens that always happens. I hear a song and go, oh wait that sounds like ______. I am usually right and it aggravates me at times because it feels like nothing is original anymore. I was thinking of starting a thread where you post a song and then someone guess's what song it sounds like. If i put come as you are you would put killing joke, 80's.I can think of about 25 songs or licks that sound very much like a different song. It seems like fun. Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 days to remember who it was stolen from. It's fun and it keeps older stuff fresh. I don't know, it's been slow and i was thinking of something music related that would generate some traffic instead of arguing about kurt.

As a pretty big fan of Nirvana I'd like to throw in my 2 cents that. Kurt wasn't really all that great of a guitar player, definitely not a Hendrix, Satriani, Vai, etc. That being said he definitely wasn't a terrible guitarist either and frick the man knew how to write a tune and he definitely had soul, which in the end I think is more valuable than technical mastery of the instrument.

• Like 1

As a pretty big fan of Nirvana I'd like to throw in my 2 cents that. Kurt wasn't really all that great of a guitar player, definitely not a Hendrix, Satriani, Vai, etc. That being said he definitely wasn't a terrible guitarist either and frick the man knew how to write a tune and he definitely had soul, which in the end I think is more valuable than technical mastery of the instrument.

I wish they had a +2. It will only let me + once. We can certainly discuss this more in depth, another time another place. Passion is the key!

My take on this post.

Kurt was a fan-phucking-tastic guitar player, not a wanker like vai or satriani, he was in the same class as hendrix, he had soul,rhythm, balls and most importantly creativity. Technical ability is the WORST way to judge a guitar player and using lead guitarists as a standard is even worse!

• Like 1

He probably can't use english well because he is DUTCH. Man, read and think before you speak. He said that his english wasn't perfect because he is dutch. You know what language he is probably fluent in? yes, DUTCH. Dutch is spoken in the netherlands. You are probably only familiar with never neverland, this is not the same place. haha Got it smart ass?

The man that failed to acknowledge that my signature is a joke is lecturing me about reading? Even after I told you that it was a joke?

I am a kurt fan and i don't "worship him as a guitar god" or whatever. Don't generalize all nirvana fans please. He was a great song writer in my opinion. He robbed the pixies and scratch acid and the beatles but he did wonders for bands like the melvins and sonic youth. You wouldn't know who the vaselines were or the meat puppets. He almost wasn't allowed to do unplugged because of the song choice and the guest artists, but he did it his way and the rest is history. As far as him being "nothing special". Seriously? You really think that or you want to throw rocks because every one else is throwing rocks and you fell like a badass joining the others? You calling him nothing special is an opinion and i disagree as usual.

Anyways, about the sounding alike thing. I was listening to the new cake cd with my wife and the same thing happens that always happens. I hear a song and go, oh wait that sounds like ______. I am usually right and it aggravates me at times because it feels like nothing is original anymore. I was thinking of starting a thread where you post a song and then someone guess's what song it sounds like. If i put come as you are you would put killing joke, 80's.I can think of about 25 songs or licks that sound very much like a different song. It seems like fun. Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 days to remember who it was stolen from. It's fun and it keeps older stuff fresh. I don't know, it's been slow and i was thinking of something music related that would generate some traffic instead of arguing about kurt.

I'm not generalizing all Cobain fans. A lot of the ones on here act like he's some god. You're right, he was a good songwriter.

Just because you're butthurt over a joke doesn't mean that you have to be a prick. Just lighten up, and move on with your day. If you want to keep arguing about this bull####, then use the PM system, and we'll talk about this if you want to. I'm sure the other forum members don't want to scroll through this ####, so you can PM me with whatever you want to say.

I'm gonna chime in on the Nirvana issue also, although Feedback summed up my stance pretty well.

Cobain wasn't exactly a 'good' guitarist, but he was a 'great' one, in much the same way that say Bob Dylan or Neil Young are great guitarists. Not because of technical virtuosity, but because of the amount of influence they have on later generations, and it's clear to anyone who stays on this site for more than 5 seconds, that Cobain has had a massive influence on those that came after, which - in my definition of the term - qualifies him for greatness.

Was he technically great? No. Did he need to be? No. He was good enough for what he wanted to do. He used effects well and with imagination. He was a great rythym guitarist who played tasteful solo's when he needed to, solos which were usuannly nothing more than an extension of the primary melody.

Am I a Nirvana fan? Yes. Since I was 11 years old (I'm 30 now). But I don't rever Cobain like he was some kind of god. Quite the opposite, his death, while tragic, was merely wasteful, and he doesn't deserve to be put on a pedestal in death any more than he did in life. That said I would be very curious to see where he would be today.

That's pretty much my stance on the matter :)

• Like 1

Also, Cobain was murdered, he wasn't suicidal! He was a joker, he liked to tell white lies and mislead the media.

Most of his best friends say he wasn't suicidal, HE said he wasn't suicidal, he wanted to leave that slut Love and start fresh, a new life, a new band but of course that untalented bitch (Erlandson and Cobain wrote all her best songs) wouldn't let him and had him killed so his legacy would keep her in the spotlight and very very rich!

Had he just left her, today, people would very likely be like "Courtney who?"

People ALWAYS believe what the media spews out, the media ALWAYS spews out lies! The SPD (Seattle Police Department) is corrupt as ####, the coroner who done the autopsy had to have had ulterior motives...like Money.

Because, being an ex-Heroin addict of over 12 years myself I know how much Smack even the hardest user can take before he is completely incapacitated. There is absolutely zero fvking chance Cobain wacked that much smack and then was able to pick up a gun. Why? Simple, that much smack would have killed him to start with! Smack, when injected hits the brain instantly, not minutes later, not seconds later, but instantly. He also had Benzodiazepines in his system, which makes shooting smack a game between life and death depending on the amount of benzos.

And why would anyone purposely overdose on smack, BUT shoot them self BEFORE the smack took effect??? That makes ZERO sense and that is assuming smack doesn't work instantly when in fact it does! I know it does because I have injected it thousands of times and every single time it hit instantly, that is science people, that is observable, repeatable science!

Anyone that says Cobain killed himself is a narrow minded fool in my opinion, they are the same type of people that don't believe the US government assassinated Kennedy and the war in Iraq is legit!

This, to me and millions of others, is what makes the loss of Cobain that much worse. He wanted to keep making music,just not as Nirvana but most importantly he wanted to LIVE and we have lost a musical genius of the modern age because of some untalented bitches greed and psychopathic tendencies towards self agrandization and fame and fortune!

Say what you will, this is my opinion and as far as I'm concerned its the objective truth!

• Like 2

^ I had something very similar earlier and kept deleting it. So yeah, put me included in the millions. My thing is still that i know how most of you feel about the kurt thing, i totally get it now and it's all good. I would get sick of ten thousand repeated questions. I think now i will go to the post of the repeated question and simply reply "asked and answered please use search function." There done with that. It's that little #### monkey i can't deal with. How is he the Representative of the senior members to attack nirvana fans. Do you know how many of those repeated questions he answered? Yep 0! So why the #### is he going off when he doesn't even know the answers to the questions in the first place. He acts like he is soooo sick of all these kurt questions he has to answer..?? It's so bad that he has to put disrespectful signatures to scare away the kiDdz? Come the #### on. I can't deal with him i guess. I don't believe it's how he feels, i believe it's how he thinks the board wants him to feel. Nobody that even halfway likes kurt would have put the headshot sig he used to have. That still blows my mind how someone can be that much of a dick and have that little respect for the members, even it's a few, who actually like kurt. I agree he was certainly murdered, so it was a shot in the nuts for me to see that every post. If someone smashed him in the face with a bat it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I hate to bring you back there earth but have you ever met a junkie that can handle 225 mgs of heroin? I haven't. Maybe over 4 days, and that would still be hardcore. I know several people who killed themselves and not 1 had 3 shells in a shotgun. Why would you put three? In case it doesn't work on the first, in your #### mouth? Seriously? I am not going to #### with him anymore. If anyone doesn't understand why i despise him, you do now. I'm done with him and clogging up the forum with his stupidity and my rage.

I know all about kennedy. It was orchestrated here, in new orleans and i'll never tell a #### soul what happened. If you want to know i can recommend some books to read. There are plenty of people down here who know all about it and they would rather not be found with 225 mgs of heroin in them and a shotgun wound to the head.

Anyways, i appreciate the discussion. Here's a few quotes:

I remember watching Kurt come through and thinking, "God, this music is nuclear," This is really splitting the atom. They raised the temperature for everybody. Manufactured pop never looked so cold as when that heat was around. Nirvana made everything else look silly.

-Bono

The only person I have any respect for as a songwriter over the last 10 years is Kurt Cobain. He was the perfect cross between Lennon and McCartney...but he was a miserable #### at the same time.

-Noel Gallagher

He really, really inspired me. He was so great. Wonderful. One of the best, but more than that. Kurt was one of the absolute best of all time for me.

-Neil Young

I won't hate you for disliking kurt, so please don't hate me for liking him.

-Brandon