80's Fender Bullet

paltic

Just saw two awesome 80's Fender Bullet on evil bay while searching for a Surfcaster....

The first one looks 'mint'. Everything seems 'stock' though it still looks like a plain Squier Bullet Strat with that body. I prefer the one with tele-body. The pick-ups look like that of the Mustangs/Duo Sonics. As for the price, for a 30 yrs old mint instrument it seems fair...$400+....i just don't know if its worth the sound and playability but its definitely a collector's item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

as for the 2nd one, it looks road worn and the pick-up upgrades look sweeeeet!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

ill get the last one if i have the cash. someone in the forum should pls. get this... :twisted::twisted::twisted:

I've loved the 80's bullets forever and that first one is awesome, but I'm trying to cut down on my guitars and I'm picking up my new Tele in a couple days..... so in other words I'm already failing at my goal and dun need your temptation..... grrr.....

yes I just freaking growled at you.... deal with it

:P

• 3 weeks later...

That bullet deluxe was an absolute steal at that price!

They're great guitars - my std bullet has one of the nicest and most playable necks i've ever had.

Here's a pic of mine with my other guitars:

3guits.jpg

I have red one on the way this week which i plan to mod a little - i find the stock bridge mustang pup a little weedy so i'll replace it with a small humbucker (not sure which type will fit yet though).The neck pup is fine tho.

That bullet deluxe was an absolute steal at that price!

They're great guitars - my std bullet has one of the nicest and most playable necks i've ever had.

Here's a pic of mine with my other guitars:

3guits.jpg

I have red one on the way this week which i plan to mod a little - i find the stock bridge mustang pup a little weedy so i'll replace it with a small humbucker (not sure which type will fit yet though).The neck pup is fine tho.

how much did it cost you?...where are you getting the red? hey these guitars are supposed to be rare? ...and you're buying them like soda in a vending machine :lol:

I've bought both from the US, the red one should arrive this week.The cream one cost about 250 gbp but the red one might be just over 300 gbp if i get clobbered with UK import tax.Either way still cheaper than i've seen them over here.

The std bullets seem to pop up for sale quite often but i haven't seen many at all of the deluxe.Even necks on their own seem to go for good money over here.

Wouldn't mind knowing if theres any sound difference between the std and deluxe as it's strung through the body i think.

• 2 weeks later...