question to all mustang owner

mustang222

no...

the pickups are weak and I've never had the trem working... both problems could be solved, but i just don't have the coin.

why do you ask?

well im about to buy one but i have doubt

Well the mustang has problems, but I would I buy another one? yes I would, go for it I don't think you will be disappointed.

My 65 reissue, overall yes.. sexy and light body, nice neck profile, nice sounding neck pickup...

Except for bridge pickup which is weak but can be remedied by adjusting the pickup height. Neck pickup is ok...not stratty, I find it a bit mellower.

Also, took me 2+ years to finally find the bridge set-up that works for me...

I accept her for what she is... 60 cycle hum and everything.

I got a RI that I hot roded, an attempt to make my perfect guitar. I changed out the pickups with something hotter, added a new bridge, fit the nut for bigger strings, re tensioned and added a string tree. It is great now. For what I'm trying to achieve I couldn't be more happier. The way the scale is though, it isn't like an ibanez where you can shred up and down like Yngwie, although I know others would disagree..

isn't like an ibanez where you can shred up and down like Yngwie, although I know others would disagree..

You mean this:

But i get your point, some people can't get used to the shorter scale. :wink:

Naw, can't shred with a Mustang...

I like everything about my old Mustang. Forty-five year old pups are fine; set your guitar volume all the way up and rely on a decent amp for the rest. Trem is great. Tuners fine. Size, shape, weight are superfine. Action superfine.

The only downside in the design is that up near the body the frets get a bit cramped. I have medium sized hands (6 foot, 180 lbs.) and I've gotten used to it...forces me to use very precise technique. But if my fingers were thick I believe it would be a tough go.

And you'll love bending with the short scale.

so the only mustang probleme is the pickup...well i just have to change theme sor my strat pick ups ( i never use her )

Ya know, about those Mustang pickups...and I assume you're buying a reissue model...the pups are supposed to be close to the vintage Mustang sound.

You may like the Mustang body, or neck, or trem system and want different tones that are beyond the true Mustang sound. But some musicians are into the whole Mustang vibe and they choose to keep the Mustang pups precisely for the vintage-like tone...and then rely on thier amp to squeeze additional punch or different tones out of those pups.

Whatever you prefer is cool. Hope this helps you to make an informed decision. :wink:

isn't like an ibanez where you can shred up and down like Yngwie, although I know others would disagree..

You mean this:

But i get your point, some people can't get used to the shorter scale. :wink:

Haha, yeah I have seen that playing. The way the Mustang is tensioned and scaled I just don't think it sounds good for that type of playing really.