Sign in to follow this  
foxloner

What do you think about these?

I'm considering buying one of these, can I have your opinions about which one you folks would choose....

http://www.rondomusic.com/argusmini2ts.html

OR

http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-JT40-Flo ... _1102.html

Thanks for your opinions....

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

Correction to my original post:

I'm sorry, In my haste to post, I posted the wrong link on my original posting....this is the link I posted incorrectly...but thanks for the info on this one, it was very intersting....

http://www.rondomusic.com/argustoaskbk.html

Well the first one is actually a Baritone guitar, which is designed to be tuned an octave lower than a standard guitar (like a bass), but still have the tonality of a normal guitar and the ease of playing chords. I don't know if you've heard of the Fender Bass VI, but it's basically a copy of that.

The second one is a straight Jazzmaster copy by the looks of it. I've heard good things about them and I think someone here bought one once and said they were good.

Ah right, sorry about that. Well the one from GFS is probably closer to an actual Jazzmaster, as well as being a lot cheaper, the pickups on the Rondo one look pretty cool but they won't give you a very similar sound to a Jazzmaster. Saying that though, the GFS one's pickups aren't that similar to a Jazzmaster's but they're probably more similar.

So in conclusion... If it was me buying one, I'd probably go for the Rondo one because the pickups look pretty cool IMO, but if you want something that's closer to an actual Jazzmaster, I'd say go for the GFS one, bearing in mind it's a lot cheaper too.

Also,

bass vi ftw!!! :-D

*High five*

I like those pick ups on the rondo as well....I like both guitars....was considering buying both...one now...one later....maybe a real jazzmaster or jag someday as well.....

Thanks for your comments...much appreciated...

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

I came across a Jaguar in a pawn shop today, that I might buy instead....they want 500 for the jag, it's clean, but is not 100% original and has a small chip in the paint, but it's still very nice and playable.......I'm seriously considering it.....

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

I came across a Jaguar in a pawn shop today, that I might buy instead....they want 500 for the jag, it's clean, but is not 100% original and has a small chip in the paint, but it's still very nice and playable.......I'm seriously considering it.....

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

DO IT!!!!!

Yeah.....I think I will....they will give me till the 1st of December to make the final payment....I can put 50 down and make payments once a month until it's paid for.....

I'll take my camera tomorrow and snap a picture or two for you jag fans....

I'm also taking one of my smaller practice amps and cord to try it out....I used their equip today and noticed a problem with either the jack (plug in) or in their cable/cord....not sure, so I'm taking a amp and cord that I know are in good condition and seeing if it's the guitar or what...?

I am still thinking of getting the others too this year if I can swing it....

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

I was doing some research this morning and found out the black jag at the pawn shop is a special edition HH model....

http://www.fender.com/products/search.p ... 0259200306

Still thinking of getting this since it's in good condition and only 500.00....going back to play this again today...probably put some cash down on it too..

Steve L.

Cypress,TX

I went in and had a second look at the jag...it is the HH model and I'm a bit disappointed by that....but I went ahead and put 75.00 down on it anyway....it plays nice and the condition is fair to good...depending on who's looking....

Here's a couple pics....

jag002.jpg

jag001.jpg

jag003.jpg

Steve L

Cypress, TX

There's plenty of "strumming" type scratches on her, and a couple dings here and there, and the paint is chipped in two places (nothing big), but the overall condition is good...I'm excited about the deal too....I noticed the plug in jack is a bit loose, but I doubt that is a big deal...I'll have the guys at my local guitar shop check it over for me and fix anything that needs to be fixed....but I think it was a good deal too...

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

I told the mrs. about this little bute in the shop and she took over it's payment plan and told me, it's now going to be one of my Xmas presents... :-(

Looks like I talk too much at home ... :roll:

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

this model always pop on ebay for about $400-$500 mark. i don't know why folks keep on selling 'this' model. i actually dig this design'cept for the tailpiece...a little modding with a red tort plus single coil jaguar pickups...hmmm yummy

if you could buy that guitar - it will surely be worth the money because it's a better jag hh than the new blacktop series imo...its def. closer to the real thing...BUT first i would suggest you get a second opinion and look at evilbay too. you may be able to buy a cheaper/less than $500 CIJ offset guitar if you're lucky enough. id buy a Mexican Duo Sonic given that kind of tight budget. goodluck B)

My mate has one I play it all the time, the only thing you might not like about it is the pups but that's not to say that they are bad but some people rather different sounds. they are voiced more like single coils than humbuckers and have a relatively low output. but the necks are fantastic once they are played in. Enjoy!

I appreciate all the comments on the Jaguar. I am fairly new to electrics and really don't know anything about the different pick ups and coils, etc....it's all pretty confusing to me....but I do know one thing....I want to know more.... :smile: I think I would like a turtleshell pg too....

Thanks again....

The Jaguar is now on lay-a-way, and I wont' see it till Xmas....that's why I bought the Laguna this weekend.....I know...shame on me...but that's what credit cards are for....feeding the impluses....

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

In that case don't even worry about the pickups in the jag im sure they will sound fine, but it dose all depend on what amp you use.

you people and your freaking tort pickguards.... so overrated..... I vote for a mint guard twould be so cool :mrgreen:

Lies.=P

Tort is awesome, and it should look amazing on that jag. I actually plan on putting one on my CAR SJM.

The only thing is now you made me want a mint pick guard. ####.=P