everyone's favourite distortion pedal demoed by pgs

i dont really think they did a good demo...especially where they tried to get a light crunch with the strat or when they said it has a compressed sound

its a good pedal imo but i prefer the DS-2

I dunno. I guess it's hard to do a good demo with a sack of shit pedal.

i dont really think they did a good demo...especially where they tried to get a light crunch with the strat or when they said it has a compressed sound

its a good pedal imo but i prefer the DS-2

I dunno. I guess it's hard to do a good demo with a sack of shit pedal.

whether or not the pedal is good or bad (while not the best it does have a certain sound which other pedals dont do) pgs didnt show what it was aimed at. they tried to make it do light crunch and good lead which it does not do and isnt aimed to do

they tried to make it do light crunch and good lead which it does not do and isnt aimed to do

you're a moron. Even modern Boss aren't dumb enough to purposefully design a distortion pedal which doesn't have a good lead sound. The pedal just sucks, get over it.

no need to call me a moron...

i personally dont think its that bad...at least not half as bad as people say.

while i admit that it isnt the nicest (far from it) it is much better rhythm than lead.

power chord rhythm (ala nirvana) sounds much nicer than trying to play a blues solo thourgh it...maybe they didnt do it purposefully but the DS-2 seems to be more suited to lead guitar and it shows

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't say this is my favorite. I tend to lean towards the ProCo Rat. I like that it isn't as even sounding. The wilder distortion and filter settings make me happy. Shredmaster isn't bad either, but comes off as more level and fuzzy to me vs. chunky.

• 1 month later...