need help with a new guitar

frufrukurtjimi

It really does sound like you are heading in a strat/jazzy/jag direction.

I'm no expert on Jazzy's and Jag's but there are certainly people who are.

Might I suggest typing something like 'classic player jazzmaster demo' into youtube and see what you can hear ^_^

looked at demos...still cant decide!!!

but i think im leaning into the jag

To be honest that Under The Bridge sound is more to do with the way it's actually played than the guitar. The fingerpicking gives it that warm, resonant sound. But I do think that a Jag or Jazzy is what yr after.

But just to elaborate on that... The part was played on a Jazzy, I believe.

you sure...never saw him play or mention a jazzy

froosh used a jazzy which was randomly in the studio for under the bridge. Definitely remember reading that..

damn...

now i need a jazzy as well.

there are way too many coll guitars out there which are all in my price range.

listened to zep yesterday and now i want an LP

what next?

ill think illl just buy the jag...i was also listning to counting crows today. mr jones has a jag in it (or at least the vid does) and it has such a nic sound for chords

froosh used a jazzy which was randomly in the studio for under the bridge. Definitely remember reading that..

I'm pretty sure that story isn't true, seeing as the studio they used for BSSM was literally a haunted house that they moved some equipment into... I doubt Froosh used anything other than a couple of Strats and a Jag on that album.

I'm pretty sure that story isn't true, seeing as the studio they used for BSSM was literally a haunted house that they moved some equipment into... I doubt Froosh used anything other than a couple of Strats and a Jag on that album.

The mansion they moved into for the recording, and the Jazzmaster, belonged to Rick Rubin, who produced the album.

70% of your tone comes from the amp... just becuase he has a jag doesnt mean you will get that tone...

Can't remember if this was the thread i posted in ages ago... but look into the CP jazzys and jags, play a few and decide. You're not going to get any closer by finding out which guitars are used by who.

yeah this thread got side tracked...

i need to go play them.

unforetunatly they dont stock any jazzes where i go only jags

• 2 weeks later...

i tried a jag today...very bright. not sure 100% if i like it...it just feels so different (i presume this is normal whan you've only played strats for over a year. but i think i like it. can it go slightly less trebly with a good EQ?

i also tried an SG...the neck was too thick though and it was very uncomfortable but the sound really nice