Old company new guitars on the market

vastrange

I've never seen them before just now when I was on their web site, and here is my first impression or thoughts....

First: Appearance, hoo-hum or just bland, not to exciting to look at.

Second: Due to my inexperience with guitars, I'm not going to bash Valco, since I don't know them.

Third: I thought their sound was better than expected after seeing their generic colors.

Overall: A bit on the bland side to look at, but a decent sound from a fairly moderate priced guitar.

Would I buy one....NO

Would I buy one in another color and body style...Probably.

You asked, that's my opinion.

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

I was wondering that myself, from what little was available on the website, I'm guessing they might be made in Canada....but I am probably mistaken...???

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

Not a chance are they made in Canada. The company were originally based in Canada in the 40s through to the 60s when they made respectable instruments. These are cheap labour/ cheap materials knock-offs from the far east being sold under a re-brand because someone smart bought the rights to the Valco name.

This makes no sense to me. Buying the VALCO name to make copycat guitars.

They should have just reissue the famous small tube Valco practice amps that Jimmy Page made famous on his early Led Zeppelin studio recordings.

That Valco amp would be a perfect product many people would be interested to buy. The current trend nowadays are small tube practice amps like the Fender Champ 600 & VOX AC4TV.

• Like 1