Whats up everyone....I have a Jagstang and I couldnt keep it in tune to save my life.. So one day I got so pissed off that it wouldnt stay in tune...First I took the Cigar Tube Flipped it around so I could DIRECTLY FEED THE STRINGS THRU.. Then I taped the post of the bridge to keep it from floatng..Has anyone else tried this it stays in tune a little better but I dont know if I should get the innition checked or what to do? Would it be better to turn the tube back around and put washers under it so i could wrap the strings around, cause I dont use the wammy bar so I wanted o make it a hard tail....ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME THAnks :blink:

I saw a mod awhile back where this guy attached two springs to the tailpiece, and bolted them into the guitar. Might be what Feedback is talking about though.

no, I literally took the springs outta my guitar and replaced the posts with some screws to hold the tailpiece in place..... there was somebody else on here who did the same thing lemme see if I can find pics of theirs

DSC02665.jpg

DSC02666.jpg

DSC02667.jpg

DSC02668.jpg

DSC02669.jpg

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02671.jpg

I didn't bother with the washers or anything though, I just flipped the tailpiece around so that the strings feed straight through

Oh all right. I saw another person on here who put a TOM tailpiece on his. I would like to make a jagstang with a Bigsby or with a Jazzy trem. I think Fran did one with a Jazzy trem right?

• 2 weeks later...

I DID MINE SO I COULD FEED STRAIGHT THRU NOT UNDERNEATH THE CIGAR TUBE AND AROUND MIINE GO STRAIGH THHRU

WHY IS THAT RELEVANT?!?!?!?!?!?!

ok seriously I dun even know who you're yelling at, but shut up, we're trying to be helpful and apparently you have some problem that you're not even telling us. if you want it to stay in tune better do Mad-Mike's trem setup or do the hardtail mod that I did. The way strings feed is irrelevant. DON'T FREAKING YELL ABOUT THINGS THAT DON'T FREAKING MAKE SENSE OR THAT DON'T HAVE A FREAKING POINT!

or better yet you could sell your jag-stang and buy a guitar that works for you since you weren't having the best of luck with your jag-stang last time you were on here either.

• Like 3

Hey what size bolts go into the tube? and what size washers did u use?????

I actually didn't use washers, the tube is flipped on mine also, which makes them unnecessary since the strings feed straight through. As far as the bolts go I honestly can't remember, but I basically just went to a hardware store and tried out different sizes until I found some that fit, it only took like 3-4 minutes, so I would recommend just doing the same. Sorry I can't remember the specific details, hope this helps anyways.