Another vintage guitar destroyed....

I was looking through Fender The Golden Years and they actually used to make this shape, or some that are damn close to this. It is damn ugly though, reminds me of those SX guitars you find floating around on eBay.

The only fender guitar i know of that looks somewhat like this is the Swinger

fender_swinger.jpg

The only fender guitar i know of that looks somewhat like this is the Swinger

fender_swinger.jpg

I totally love the Swinger shape, and I dearly hope it comes back in some form one day.

In the past I have actually been tempted to buy a cheap strat and butcher it into a kind of Swinger shape.

I'd actually list the Swinger as my fave guitar shape ever.

I totally love the Swinger shape, and I dearly hope it comes back in some form one day.

In the past I have actually been tempted to buy a cheap strat and butcher it into a kind of Swinger shape.

I'd actually list the Swinger as my fave guitar shape ever.

I know, me too. I find that the headstock adds to the overall coolness of the guitar. I would love to have one but one probably will never show up for sale and if it does, it'll go for way more than i'm willing to pay. It would be pretty cool if Squier or somebody made these for a little while. I would definitely buy one.

This guitar is an atrocity that was probably made by a Fender employee. If you read the history of the swinger, it says that some Fender employees used to experiment with various guitar bodies, this is most likely one of those experiments...