Sign in to follow this  
foxloner

What's the deal with this guitar?

Can someone tell me what they mean here when they say Agile Argus 630 LPB Extended Scale Guitar I think I may have heard someone tell me in another thread about the extended scale...but I am not sure....?

http://www.rondomusic.com/arguslpb.html

and what is the deal with: Setup to intonate with 24 34 44 56 72 84 gauge strings

Thanks

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

this baby's made for tuning the same as a bass guitar for the low E string. goes lower than baritones.

Thanks for the help....but I'm still a bit lost...how would you or when would you play or use this guitar for?

Thanks again,

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

Thanks for the help....but I'm still a bit lost...how would you or when would you play or use this guitar for?

Thanks again,

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

all depends on how creative you are. The Beatles and other bands (I think Deep Purple was another big one) from around that time period used similar instruments on some recordings. I've also heard people contemplating using them for metal, and I personally have considered buying one to use for sorta faux playing bass&guitar at the same time, since I am quite often without a bassist. So it's basically (no pun intended) a bass that's meant to be played more like a guitar.

Interesting....I wonder why I have not heard more about this type of guitar....well...you cleared up that question for me and I appreciate you taking the time to educate me with this concern I had....I'm even more curious now.....

A very BIG...thank you.

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

Interesting....I wonder why I have not heard more about this type of guitar....well...you cleared up that question for me and I appreciate you taking the time to educate me with this concern I had....I'm even more curious now.....

A very BIG...thank you.

Steve L.

Cypress, TX

no prob and it's really not a super common instrument, which is why you've not really heard anything about it probably.