Pink paisley pickguard?

10 members have voted

1. 1. How does it look on a Fiesta Red Jag-Stang?

I need to replace my pickguard and I'm stumped on which one to pick from WDMusic.com. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the tortoise, cream pearloid, or pink paisley (or stock white, but I wanna jazz it up). The paisley is a cool idea and would definitely set the guitar apart (and I love 60's psychedelic). My pickups are black. I mocked up some quick images using a pic I Google'd. What do you guys think?

jagstang-paisley.jpg

jagstang-cream.jpg

jagstang-tortoise.jpg

Man, that picture is really tempting :-wow Who is that?

When I look at the three pics, the cream pearloid always catches my eye. I think that's the most aesthetically pleasing. It makes it look more vintage. The paisley is really cool and really stands out, but it just seems too dark. If it were white or cream instead of the silver sparkles, it would be an easy choice, but as it is now, it just darkens up the guitar. Ugh, decisions decisions.

Man, that picture is really tempting :-wow Who is that?

When I look at the three pics, the cream pearloid always catches my eye. I think that's the most aesthetically pleasing. It makes it look more vintage. The paisley is really cool and really stands out, but it just seems too dark. If it were white or cream instead of the silver sparkles, it would be an easy choice, but as it is now, it just darkens up the guitar. Ugh, decisions decisions.

dun let the pic tempt you it won't come out looking like that cuz as you can see guitars are very different kinds of red

I have to vote FOR the paisley.. I will throw in my 2 cents though.. While I am all for the paisley idea, I want to throw the idea of OTHER paisley colors than pink.. I LOVE pink paisley, please don't misunderstand.. But there are MANY colors that can go with Fiesta Red and the Paisley design!! Orange is one of my favorites!! Tonight I even used orange in yellow as the backdrop lighting for a gig earlier tonight when I was running lights and it looks OH SO NICE ^_^

Ultimately, it is up to you and your own personal preferences.. Just b/c Fender only "officially" used only Pink Paisley designs, PLEASE don't rule out the possibility of OTHER colors!! Paisley is such a great design and so many colors work with it.. Try to find the BEST that your Jag-Stang's Fiesta Red goes with and I think you will be quite satisfied w/ the results ^_^

How could I get a different paisley color in pickguard form? I think it's a cool idea...maybe even overlaying that on top of the cream pearloid? I don't know. I'm kind of leaning towards the conservative route and getting the cream pearloid. I would do paisley if it were in a different color that matches better with fiesta red.

How could I get a different paisley color in pickguard form? I think it's a cool idea...maybe even overlaying that on top of the cream pearloid? I don't know. I'm kind of leaning towards the conservative route and getting the cream pearloid. I would do paisley if it were in a different color that matches better with fiesta red.

A guy on here once had a js with a black paisley guard that looked smokin hot, but then again it's already been done so you wouldn't be being entirely unique....... I believe there are pics somewhere in the pics of your JS thread