Swaping out V1 Preamp tubes

Hi Y'all I want to swap out the V1 tube on my Blackstar HT20

So i need some advice on what tube i should put in it or should i just keep it stock. I've gota a sovtek 12AX7 a EHX 12AX7 and mullard CC83. I don't have time to make recordings and listen to all the subtleties of each one, just tell me whats the advantage of each.

Thanks! 8-)

Hmmm depends on how much money you wanna spend. Since you're only changing V1 you may as well throw down a little more cash and get something nice that will really make a difference. If you've got about $50 you can get a Raytheon black plate 12ax7, better than RCAs IMO. Also there's the Preferred Series 7025 (super durable) from the tube store, an exact replica of the most sought after NOS Mullards from the 1960s. There are literally thousands of great options, I say go NOS for sure, otherwise you can just get your basic EHX or Sovteks, but if you're only changing V1 I say go all out!

Edit

Sorry didn't read your first post carefully, I see you've got options. The EHX will have the least microphonics, the Sovtek will probably last the longest, and the Mullard will most likely sound the best. But all tubes are unique, even the exact same make and model, so your mileage may vary.

Although you say you dont have the time to try them all an listen, thats excactly what I would do. Try them all, and see how they sound and respond. Depending on the amp and the other tubes, the Mullard doesnt have to be the best tube for YOU in this amp!

@ Earth

I agree Sovteks are a nice tube, but how many other tubes have you tried in V1? I use Raytheon 12dt7s after my Sovteks pooped out in my Twin--which took them 6 years of heavy gigging to do, very reliable tubes--now I find there's not much difference in the tone clean, but with overdrive pedals I can definitely hear a difference in harmonic content.