hey,

I bought a jap reissue jaguar, found the pickups to be nice sounding but very weak out put so i did what it appears alot of people do and put in sd's. i could get the quarter pounders cheap from the states so i got them and on the site they sounded lush. however although the volume is better(still a lil weak compared to my usa strat) when i have any form of distortion on wether stright into my amp or into my multi-effects if i take my hands of the strings i get a horrible screech lounder than the guitar being played heavily. i had to stop giggin with it eventually. i love the tone so much especially since i put a mustang bridge and a buzz stop on it but i need some advice on the feedback issue. any help?

hey,

I bought a jap reissue jaguar, found the pickups to be nice sounding but very weak out put so i did what it appears alot of people do and put in sd's. i could get the quarter pounders cheap from the states so i got them and on the site they sounded lush. however although the volume is better(still a lil weak compared to my usa strat) when i have any form of distortion on wether stright into my amp or into my multi-effects if i take my hands of the strings i get a horrible screech lounder than the guitar being played heavily. i had to stop giggin with it eventually. i love the tone so much especially since i put a mustang bridge and a buzz stop on it but i need some advice on the feedback issue. any help?

Sounds like a grounding problem

what should i do?

Im sorry, but after reading your first post again, it seems like its regular feedback?

If thats the issue, either get farther away from the amp, or turn down gain and/or volume. EQ-settings might also make a difference. What kind of amps/effects are you using?

where i play guitar is pretty small, so cat really get much further away, i play in a band so i need to keep the volume and gain level i use as much as possible. U play a 100watt fender 212r amp and a vox tonelab pedal with quite high gain on the pedal but clean on the amp. possible the sd's are to powerfull for the jap tone and volume pots?

your guitar doesn't like you... compare it to babies crying.

Yeah! Do what my parents did when I cried. Give her Bailey's and call it milk............Although I'm unaware as to what might happen to the wiring. Probably something cool, though.