Sign in to follow this  
westtexasred

Know anything about Alden Guitars?

Has anyone here played or owned any Alden Guitars? I bought an Alden Shell Top on ebay last week but I haven't gotten it yet. I am curious about their other Zemaitis style guitars and the Quadrastar.

p4_uwnnegdwo_so-1.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

I had an early Jazzmaster copy, it was nice. Lacked the finesse of a Fender but very good for the money.

With a good set up they are decent, but as always... you get what you pay for.

Let us know how it turns out Westy :wink:

I once had an ALDEN Mosrite copy. Sound was ok.

BUT: The headstock was much too heavy! And very uncomfortable neck unfortunately...

All in all a cheap guitar... not worth to much money!!!

Maybe Alden has got better models? I don`t want to have another Alden!

...maybe this helps a bit?

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

http://www.myspace.com/thekilaueas

CIMG4265.jpg

Thanks guys!the Alden Shelltop was ok but really felt more like an Epiphone LP than anything else. I sent it back to the dealer I bought it from.He gave me a full refund and I used the money to pay for a Fender Bronco

case.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys!the Alden Shelltop was ok but really felt more like an Epiphone LP than anything else. I sent it back to the dealer I bought it from.He gave me a full refund and I used the money to pay for a Fender Bronco

case.jpg

nice!

case.jpg

Great choice!

case.jpg

We're all very proud!! Good for you! :lol:

The third guitar pictured in the post at the very top, the one that almost even looks like a sonic blue jag-stang -- I played one of those a few months ago at a guitar show that was here in town. I actually was pretty damn impressed by the guitar. I think it was only about $450, and it sounded and played awesome. It seemed really well made. If was actually in the market for a new guitar. I would seriously consider that guitar. I forget what it's called, and they don't even give the name of it on the Alden website. I guess you already made up your mind about Alden, and that Bronco looks cool, I guess. But for anyone else who is interested, you really couldn't do much better for a vintage-sounding and feeling guitar that is brand new, very well made anywhere close to that price. I'm sure your Bronco is cool, but let's face it -- it's a Bronco. This blue guitar is the real deal.

The third guitar pictured in the post at the very top, the one that almost even looks like a sonic blue jag-stang -- I played one of those a few months ago at a guitar show that was here in town. I actually was pretty damn impressed by the guitar. I think it was only about $450, and it sounded and played awesome. It seemed really well made. If was actually in the market for a new guitar. I would seriously consider that guitar. I forget what it's called, and they don't even give the name of it on the Alden website. I guess you already made up your mind about Alden, and that Bronco looks cool, I guess. But for anyone else who is interested, you really couldn't do much better for a vintage-sounding and feeling guitar that is brand new, very well made anywhere close to that price. I'm sure your Bronco is cool, but let's face it -- it's a Bronco. This blue guitar is the real deal.

Opinions, opinions....

Opinions, opinions....

I think for a company that I would imagine wants to make money, they make it very hard to find any place to buy their product. Alden's website didn't have the blue ones cost. There was another site that had a bunch of Alden guitars, but no price listed. They had a contact email, but seriously.... I found some on ebay, but a big price range, and not a lot of options.

That is my take on them anyways.

I think for a company that I would imagine wants to make money, they make it very hard to find any place to buy their product. Alden's website didn't have the blue ones cost. There was another site that had a bunch of Alden guitars, but no price listed. They had a contact email, but seriously.... I found some on ebay, but a big price range, and not a lot of options.

That is my take on them anyways.

I was talking about his take on the Bronco :lol: