Okay I saved up for at least four months and I'm looking to buy into a new guitar...I really like the highway 1 series but am torn between which of the series should I get (strat/tele) I already have a mexican strat so do I really want another strat? Or should I get a tele b/c i've never owned one before?

Okay I saved up for at least four months and I'm looking to buy into a new guitar...I really like the highway 1 series but am torn between which of the series should I get (strat/tele) I already have a mexican strat so do I really want another strat? Or should I get a tele b/c i've never owned one before?

I would wait till after christmas to see if you get more $$$ and what options that may add to the mix. :wink:

I have a hard time giving guitar recommendations to anyone as we all have different preferences. Hate to fall back on this suggestion but do you have a place where you can jam on both the models you are interested in for a while? And if you can play through a setup similar to your hope setup that will help the comparison as well.

• Like 2

I have some strats and a tele and they are great. I would say get the tele since you don't have one. I like an assortment. If you are gigging you may need a back up similar to your main guitar. If you just want something new i would get something new that i already don't have, if it's me of course. Good luck, it's a win win anyways!

• 2 weeks later...

If you are thinking of buying a guitar simply because you have "never owned one before", then you are buying it for the wrong reason. I've never owned a Gretsch While Falcon, but I'm not going to buy one just because I've never owned one.

I almost bought a Squier CV Duo-Sonic a few months ago just because I didn't have a guitar of that shape, but then I realized that I hate the necks on the CV series, and I bought a Deluxe Strat instead and couldn't be happier with it. I'm so happy with it, I'm leaving it totally stock, which is rare for me.

My advice is take your time, go to the guitar store and play a few of all varieties, and fall in love with one.

• Like 3