recommendations for upgraded pots and switches

Hey all,

So I am putting together a japanese mustang out of parts. It all started when a friend of mine gave me a bare body and neck. I don't have any of the original mustang parts. The body is a japanese market 73 reissue in capri orange. So far all I bought for it are SD antiquities for the mustang.

since I am starting from scratch I am not married to any of the stock pots, switches, or other electrics. Any recomendations on brands/electronics I should be on the look out for? I am making my own pickguard out of lexan so it is no biggie to cut space for something not stock.

thanks, I didn't know a kit like that existed.

Is there no benefit to be had by using 500K pots?

What alternate wiring are you reffering to? I looked in the mustang FAQ and all I saw was a wiring diagram. Obviously there is someplace else that shows alternate wiring, I just haven't found it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just another FYI;

One of the biggest bits of misinformation on the web is that you can "upgrade" pots and caps, for a couple of reasons.

1) Pots don't have a sound, they resist.Period. Japanese, Chinese pots ("dont" :mrgreen: ) sound the same as CTS, which are not American made either.

2) All caps sound the same.Period.99% are made in china.

Just choose the values you l;ike and buy a regular brand like Alpha or CTS.