One of my favorites also. Billy corgan used the hell out of them early on also. Kurt used one on lithium. The list of bands that used them is endless. Mudhoney were obviously huge fans also. It's not very expensive and is built solid. I would maybe look at the new one. Good luck

How would you guys compare it to a dunlop fuzzface, I bought one of sam ash and it said it was in stock, when actually it was back ordered (stupid sam ash :angry: )I ended up cancelling the order because it couldve taken 3 months to get it... but I did like that pedal...

How would you guys compare it to a dunlop fuzzface, I bought one of sam ash and it said it was in stock, when actually it was back ordered (stupid sam ash :angry: )I ended up cancelling the order because it couldve taken 3 months to get it... but I did like that pedal...

I love my Dunlop Fuzzface and prefer it over muffs. That being said, they're completely different pedals as Henry pointed out.

Well I bought the big muff today and I love it...I also got the jca20h jet city head and I love it...With the muff in front of it i can get a super good jack white tone, I cannot wait until I get to use my muff and new amp at tonights band practice

LOL. Not trying to geek out on you but the RI NYC Big Muff Pi's are Silicone (and then there is the infamous Op-Amp version which was used besides transistors). The Dunlop Fuzz Face uses the original Germanium PNP transistor. So basically they are going to be completely different sounds. However there is the Dunlop Jimi Hendrix which uses Silicone Transistors and the new Big Muff PI Germanium. That being said if you want a traditional fuzz sound I would go with the Fuzz Face (either or) and if you want a in your face wall of sound then I would get a RI NYC Big Muff Pi (Silicone) and not the Germanium Muff.

Well I bought the big muff today and I love it...I also got the jca20h jet city head and I love it...With the muff in front of it i can get a super good jack white tone, I cannot wait until I get to use my muff and new amp at tonights band practice

Great! I love mine too!

LOL. Not trying to geek out on you but the RI NYC Big Muff Pi's are Silicone (and then there is the infamous Op-Amp version which was used besides transistors). The Dunlop Fuzz Face uses the original Germanium PNP transistor. So basically they are going to be completely different sounds. However there is the Dunlop Jimi Hendrix which uses Silicone Transistors and the new Big Muff PI Germanium. That being said if you want a traditional fuzz sound I would go with the Fuzz Face (either or) and if you want a in your face wall of sound then I would get a RI NYC Big Muff Pi (Silicone) and not the Germanium Muff.

All muffs are silicon aside form the latest one. The IC one is well, an IC one, which uses silicon IC's.

They (FF & BMP) aren't going to sound different cause one is silicon and one is germanium, they sound different because they are totally different circuits and the polarity of the trannies has zero to do with it.

Almost anyone can make Ge sound like Si and vice versa.

The latest Si BMP, the 3003-C 2008 RI is easily the best big muff since the 3034 muff.

All muffs are silicon aside form the latest one. The IC one is well, an IC one, which uses silicon IC's.

They (FF & BMP) aren't going to sound different cause one is silicon and one is germanium, they sound different because they are totally different circuits and the polarity of the trannies has zero to do with it.

Almost anyone can make Ge sound like Si and vice versa.

The latest Si BMP, the 3003-C 2008 RI is easily the best big muff since the 3034 muff.

pwned

pwned

I don't see how I was "pwned" smart ass.

I gave out correct information. A Big Muff sounds completely different and I pointed out in a polite manner a couple reasons why. I have done an A/B test with the Op-Amp vs RI Big Muff and there is a complete difference. Is it because the Op-amp? IMO yes that is a factor. The Germanium Big Muff sounds nothing like a traditional Big Muff. Get the hair out of your ears!

I don't see how I was "pwned" smart ass.

I gave out correct information. A Big Muff sounds completely different and I pointed out in a polite manner a couple reasons why. I have done an A/B test with the Op-Amp vs RI Big Muff and there is a complete difference. Is it because the Op-amp? IMO yes that is a factor. The Germanium Big Muff sounds nothing like a traditional Big Muff. Get the hair out of your ears!

way to take life too seriously, buddy. you get a gold star.

What are you 12?

No, I'm 19 if you must know. I was just stating that I think you're taking an internet forum way too seriously. I was making a joke (albeit one that wasn't really funny in retrospect) and you flipped out over nothing. But anyways, sorry for making you mad that wasn't my intent.

(PS I said the whole pwned thing just because of the way Earth went about his post, not because his info was actually any more valid, although I kinda implied that it was)

Of course IC muffs sound different(I have a 78 1322 V5), they use ICs! But they are still silicon. You can replace the ICs with mosfet ICs if you like, some say it makes a difference but I would bother...why mess with a good recipe!

Could get technical and tell how 4558/741 opamps have a bunch of silicon transistors inside them! :mrgreen: (Jokes)

BTW, here's some of my muffs:

MyBigMuffsMarch2010.png

I don't collect them anymore but I will never sell any of them. B)

Could get technical and tell how 4558/741 opamps have a bunch of silicon transistors inside them! :mrgreen: (Jokes)

BTW, here's some of my muffs:

MyBigMuffsMarch2010.png

I don't collect them anymore but I will never sell any of them. B)

wow, how many have you chained together at once? That would be a wall of sound if you ran 2 0r 3 in front of the amp and 2 or 3 in the loop. Crazy, that is a great collection.

I just noticed they are all set pretty close.

Edited by brandonwinmill

wow, how many have you chained together at once? That would be a wall of sound if you ran 2 0r 3 in front of the amp and 2 or 3 in the loop. Crazy, that is a great collection.

I just noticed they are all set pretty close.

They're not chained together, it's just a photo of his collection.

I've got a V5 op-amp Big Muff, absolutely love it, massive sound. Had an NYC reissue before it which was okay but nowhere near as loud or punchy. The V5 with volume at 10 o'clock matched the reissue with volume set to 3 o'clock.

They're not chained together, it's just a photo of his collection.

I've got a V5 op-amp Big Muff, absolutely love it, massive sound. Had an NYC reissue before it which was okay but nowhere near as loud or punchy. The V5 with volume at 10 o'clock matched the reissue with volume set to 3 o'clock.

I was wondering if he's tried it. My questions are confusing. I guess if anyone's tried using many of them at once. I can't imagine how thick that would be. Has anyone tried the new one or even seen the circuit?

I'm trying to grasp the volt option. I think the signal starts dying as if the battery is low, but intentionally? I don't get it.

Edited by brandonwinmill

I was wondering if he's tried it. My questions are confusing. I guess if anyone's tried using many of them at once. I can't imagine how thick that would be. Has anyone tried the new one or even seen the circuit?

I'm trying to grasp the volt option. I think the signal starts dying as if the battery is low, but intentionally? I don't get it.

I wouldn't even bother trying, one Big Muff on its own is noisy enough as it is, through 11 of them would be unplayable.