Replacing my jagstang neck?

Luminol18

Well first off hello to this wonderful page,

I'm a 16 year player and received a 95' JS as a gift this Xmas...... And I'm overly excited... I've set the guitar up as much as I can as far as trusrod action and intonation.... But I'm still getting a buzz from the 6th string past 10th fret and it also doesn't seem to stay in tune.... But only the 5th and 6th strings.....a G will sound fine but not an E and then vice versa if I re-tune it...

Anyway, I don't mind the shorter neck on the JS..... But I'm so used to playing my strat and my tele...... I was wondering if I could swap necks from my tele to my JS? Would this cause any serious problems I couldn't fix by resetting action intonation and trusrod??

Thanks for any help!! Rock On Jag Stang.com!! =P

I wanted to add two quick things.... after reading my post... im 28 yrs old and have been playing for 16 years.... hahah sounded like i was 16....

also iv been scouring the internet looking at pix of jag stangs and.... which way are the screws supposed to face for the inntonation?? ive seen a 50 50 of some with the phillips head screws that adjust inntonation on the neck sick of the bridge.....then another half with the phillips screws facing the butt of the guitar?? does anyone know which is correct?? it seems it would be impossible to adjust the screws if they were facing the butt since the dynamic vibrato bridge gets in the way.... regardless, ive seen more facing the butt than facing the neck... im so confused??

no you wouldnt be able to put a tele or strat neck on there, cuz those are both 25.5'' necks, and they wouldnt intonate properly. the jag-stang is a short scale guitar, and the neck measures 24'', just like the jaguar, mustang, and several other shortscales. as for the screws, on the bridge usually they face the tailpiece, but i dont think it matters

Thanks for the response,I did swap around the bridge screws and have them facing the back now......I was having trouble with the 5th string intonation and now it seems much better.......

So is there any adjustments that can be made to swap necks? Im aware of the length of the necks....but I was curious if this can be done? Would it come down to boring out new holes for the bridge so that you can re-center the 12th fret?