New Squier Jaguar and Jazzmaster

So, here is the leaked ad for the new Squier offsets:

165318_10150364991760447_207400005446_16475988_2146162_n.jpg

I approve.

Strat jack plate is the only downside for me. If I would have been asked what I would like to see from Squier for 2011, it would have been a 24" scale Fiesta Red hardtail guitar. So, win for me.

I'd order one today.

Put a tele bridge plate on it, BG1400 PU, set it up as an Esquire, make a new pickguard for it with no neck pickup and no three-way switch. Put the jack plate on the side or in the pickguard and slap a sticker over the Strat jack plate hole. Done.

Prediction on other colours? I'm hoping Daphne Blue Jaguar, too.

• Like 1
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like that jaguar, but the jazzy not so much. I would be all over the jaguar if I didn't just order a blacktop jag.

So, here is the leaked ad for the new Squier offsets: I approve. Strat jack plate is the only downside for me. If I would have been asked what I would like to see from Squier for 2011, it would ha

I'm so in for one of those Jazzy's I'm gonna start lining up tomorrow!!! I'll probably sell my Jagmaster to fund it. I for one like the strat jack. Far more practical than the 90 degree jack that ot

They love using that squier tort dont they?!?!?! Worst tort in teh world...that jagmaster tort.

I dont like either of these guitars.

If the jag had regular input jack and was a nice color, sure. but I dont lke squiers anyways, they are crud IMO, all except the vistas. Epiphone/PRS SE make better cheap guitars IMO.

I like cheap guitars, but good ones. :mrgreen:

I'm so in for one of those Jazzy's I'm gonna start lining up tomorrow!!!

I'll probably sell my Jagmaster to fund it.

I for one like the strat jack. Far more practical than the 90 degree jack that other Fender offsets tend to have.

However, the Jaguar really does seem like a Vista Jagmaster with a couple of small changes. I'n fact, outside of body shape, it seems to have very little resempblance to a Jag at all...

• Like 1

There is some new tele's that have a great pickup config also. I'm going to copy and paste from fender's site.

The popular Road Worn series instruments struck a chord with guitarists with their aged, well-played look and feel and their incredible value. New Road Worn Player series guitars take the experience a step further with modern player-centric modifications including hotter pickups for smoldering, gritty tone and a flatter fingerboard for smooth, effortless bends. Lightly aged with care, Road Worn Player guitars feel immediately comfortable and familiar, offering endless miles of musical inspiration.

The Road Worn Player Telecaster guitar includes an alder body with a lightly worn lacquer finish, modern “C”-shaped maple neck with lightly worn urethane finish, maple fretboard with 9.5” radius and medium jumbo frets, Tex Mex™ single-coil bridge pickup and Seymour Duncan® ’59 humbucking neck pickup, three-way switching, aged knobs and switch tip, three-ply pickguard, Road Worn six-saddle strings-through-body bridge, and deluxe gig bag.

I like the '59

and this

the exact setup i wanted, fat strat with texas specials and a pearly gates, damnitt

The popular Road Worn series instruments struck a chord with guitarists with their aged, well-played look and feel and their incredible value. New Road Worn Player series guitars take the experience a step further with modern player-centric modifications including hotter pickups for smoldering, gritty tone and a flatter fingerboard for smooth, effortless bends. Lightly aged with care, Road Worn Player guitars feel immediately comfortable and familiar, offering endless miles of musical inspiration.

The Road Worn Stratocaster HSS guitar features an alder body with a lightly worn lacquer finish, modern “C”-shaped maple neck with lightly worn urethane finish, rosewood fretboard with 9.5” radius and medium jumbo frets, Texas Special™ neck and middle pickups, Seymour Duncan® Pearly Gates humbucking bridge pickup, five-way switching, aged knobs and switch tip, three-ply pickguard, vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge, and deluxe gig bag.

nice! I would buy one of each except i have 2 fat strats and a tele. After i get my sheraton 2 i may look into these. I'm going demo them as soon as hunting season ends.

• 2 weeks later...

Both guitars are now posted on musiciansfriend.com, and I was reading the descriptions. It sounds like neither (particularly the jaguar) has much at all to do with original vintage Fender versions, other than the shape of the body and I guess the neck length. The bridge and the pickups are totally different. I was really curious about these guitars at first, especially with how cool the Classic Vibe Squiers are, but I now know I want nothing to do with these two guitars. Maybe one day an affordable version of a proper Jaguar or Jazzmaster will be available.

quite simply: the best new fender guitars i've seen in a long while.

taking into account the jag basses: this must be offset heaven. affordable offset heaven. finally. i'm happy.

+1 I can't believe no one did that before me :lol: Fvck me for just getting an Epiphone SG!!! Man, if I had only known. I'd flip that sucker in a minute! That Jag is nice in sunburst! And the Jazzy looks cool Sunburst and the white pickgaurd. It looks like a bright future my friends, Fender has listened. Now if they started making these new guitars lefty, that would be one sweet deal B)

that seems to me to be a weird thng to stand out as the only decent part of the guitars.......

I am a fan of the strat output jack (much more safe and practical than a 90 degree config), but like Feedback said, if that's the best thing to be found about the guitar, I would STRONGLY suggest exploring other options :D

edit: by the way, it's an OUTPUT jack, not an input. There is no signal running to the guitar whatsoever. It's one of my pet peeves.

I personally dont like squiers.

I do, however, like the input jacks on strats, so it makes perfect sense to me that it would be the only thing I like on these geetars.

Whatever, to each her/his own.

The only other thing these guitar's would be useful for is puncturing a speaker or maybe a baseball bat.

Because its just so gawd awful.

Again, just my opinion.

I personally dont like squiers.

I do, however, like the input jacks on strats, so it makes perfect sense to me that it would be the only thing I like on these geetars.

Whatever, to each her/his own.

The only other thing these guitar's would be useful for is puncturing a speaker or maybe a baseball bat.

Because its just so gawd awful.

Again, just my opinion.

I think that you should prolly refrain from making an opinion until you play one as you have no idea how they play or how they sound or anything, all you know at this point (that you've let on) is that you don't like Squiers. This is only my opinion, and in actuality I am a hypocrite for giving it, because I usually dismiss Epiphones simply because they're Epiphones. Really, where I am prolly coming from is that I've played some very nice Squiers in my day and I hate seeing such [what appears to me to be] an awesome new addition to their line dismissed before it's even been tried.

PS I just saw a NAMM video and it has been revealed that they have concentric volume/tone controls for each pickup, which I'm pretty stoked on because that'd be the one mod I would make to the master volume and master tone layout that I previously thought they had. So let's recap all the things these have going for them in my opinion:

-offset body and schnazzy finishes (teh sexies!!!!!)

-hardtail bridge

-jazzmaster pickups (I've become quite a fan as of late)

-individual controls for each pickup and conveniently placed selector switch (Ideal for cleaning up the amp by lowering the volume, albeit this is slightly impractical for me since I have a 4w non-master volume tube amp with no option to increase the gain without cranking it and live in a college dorm room and as such I seldom get any gain out of anything other than my fuzzface. Still I really love this layout, in fact it's one of the few things I like about Les Pauls)

-cheap as frick for a new guitar

Depending on what gear I have to sell/trade in when these become available at my local guitar center and how I feel about the neck and stuff on them. The problem is I already have 3 guitars in my dorm and have literally no room for any more so the only way I immediately see to justify buying it would be to sell my Jag-Stang to buy one since it would clear one guitar out of my dorm and get me more than enough money to afford it. While this isn't something I wanna do right now, but I do have a love/hate relationship with my JS and have at times contemplated getting rid of it and having some extra cash would be quite nice. Also, I'm gassing for either a Tele Deluxe Reissue or a Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin. The Kingpin is really the only one of these that I can really completely justify since I really like it as both an acoustic and an electric and haven't been content with my acoustic in a long time. However, if I got the Tele or the 5th Avenue I would have no extra cash at all. Anyways, we shall see how it all works out for now I'm just sorta thinking aloud.

Most of the online stores say arriving in February.

At the $299 price might be a good guitar to experiment with mods and not feel guilty about screwing it up too much. The biggest gripe I have with Squier guitars is the feel of the neck and the frets is usually pretty rough.

I don't know much about Squier's rep. I would be worried about construction possibly. Wiring and pickups are no issue with me since I like to swap that stuff on most guitars anyways. If they have a well made neck connected to a well made body, I couldn't care less what country it was made in or what brand is stamped on the headstock. I just want it to feel good and sound good. Cheaper is always my preference. Those $1,000 plus guitars make me nervous when I hold them. I have a $600 Agile that I am nervous to let friends play with. LOL I think they both look interesting. I would just want to have an idea on quality. (Like the Blacktop series.)