New Squier Jaguar and Jazzmaster

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like that jaguar, but the jazzy not so much. I would be all over the jaguar if I didn't just order a blacktop jag.

So, here is the leaked ad for the new Squier offsets: I approve. Strat jack plate is the only downside for me. If I would have been asked what I would like to see from Squier for 2011, it would ha

I'm so in for one of those Jazzy's I'm gonna start lining up tomorrow!!! I'll probably sell my Jagmaster to fund it. I for one like the strat jack. Far more practical than the 90 degree jack that ot

I played a jagmaster at a store a number of years ago. It was a piece of crap. I didn't plug it in, but it felt and played like junk. Then I picked up a jaguar and the difference in playability was astronomical.

How long had each guitar been sitting on the shelf? I've played 3 Jagmasters and 2 Jaguars in my time and they all felt about the same, except for high gloss necks on the Jaguars, which I don't get along with.

I like it !

The jazzmaster is exactly what I was looking for !

They are on Thomann for less than 300€ !!

All the jazzy bodies I was looking at for a couple of month were about this same price so win for me.

Plus I kinda like the Squier BB and maple neck and fretboard !

I don't mind about the strat output jack or the bridge ( yeah no trem but it's ok for me ).

What I have in mind is to put on this my Telecaster replacement six saddle bridge I had with my 52 Reissue, make it string through body and put a nice nocaster bridge pickup in it.

For now it's the cheapest way to make your own Telemaster I can think of.

We'll see how this goes in a month... *o*

I like it !

The jazzmaster is exactly what I was looking for !

They are on Thomann for less than 300€ !!

All the jazzy bodies I was looking at for a couple of month were about this same price so win for me.

Plus I kinda like the Squier BB and maple neck and fretboard !

I don't mind about the strat output jack or the bridge ( yeah no trem but it's ok for me ).

What I have in mind is to put on this my Telecaster replacement six saddle bridge I had with my 52 Reissue, make it string through body and put a nice nocaster bridge pickup in it.

For now it's the cheapest way to make your own Telemaster I can think of.

We'll see how this goes in a month... *o*

did you hear that guitarfetish sells telemaster copies for pretty cheap?

No I did not !

Thanks for the info dude !

They look pretty cool.

Thanks for the link !

No problem. :) They look pretty cool. I would like it more if it was set up with standard tele pickups rather than the humbucker in the neck. I suppose a new pickguard could be made to fit the standard size in.

Any word on the quality of the build yet? I read other forums. Some seem to love 'em while others say the parts are cruddy. If by parts they mean pickups and pots, that is nothing to me. As long as the body and neck are good, the other stuff is pretty cheap to fix or upgrade.

No problem. :) They look pretty cool. I would like it more if it was set up with standard tele pickups rather than the humbucker in the neck. I suppose a new pickguard could be made to fit the standard size in.

Any word on the quality of the build yet? I read other forums. Some seem to love 'em while others say the parts are cruddy. If by parts they mean pickups and pots, that is nothing to me. As long as the body and neck are good, the other stuff is pretty cheap to fix or upgrade.

I got one and modified it. Love it. Weighs nothing. Feels and sounds great.

jagbastardblack.jpeg

Squier 24.75" thinline conversion neck, new pickguard. Esguar.

I got one and modified it. Love it. Weighs nothing. Feels and sounds great.

jagbastardblack.jpeg

Squier 24.75" thinline conversion neck, new pickguard. Esguar.

Nice so a standard tele neck does fit? Awesome! Has the correct fender holes aready to take a tele neck? Nice option in case there is any neck issues.

Nice so a standard tele neck does fit? Awesome! Has the correct fender holes aready to take a tele neck? Nice option in case there is any neck issues.

The necks are different, as the Xavier has a Strat heel. A local luthier told me to slap it on anyways. The holes did not line up, so I made new ones. No problem. I did have to buy longer saddle bolts to get the saddles closer to the pickup for proper intonation. 24.75" scale works fine. Guitar is super-light, too.

The necks are different, as the Xavier has a Strat heel. A local luthier told me to slap it on anyways. The holes did not line up, so I made new ones. No problem. I did have to buy longer saddle bolts to get the saddles closer to the pickup for proper intonation. 24.75" scale works fine. Guitar is super-light, too.

So if you had dropped a Mustang type neck, it would have worked better with scale and shape?

my one issue with them is that they seem to sound bright as frick in the bridge position judging by those demos, other than that they appear to be a good value

Aren't tele's usually abnormally bright? The ones I have played before seem pretty bright. Could always swap pickups out to darken it or turn adjust the eq maybe?

So if you had dropped a Mustang type neck, it would have worked better with scale and shape?

I don't know if you could put a 24" scale neck on a 25.5" body. Hmmmmm. The neck I have is a conversion neck, so it works. The longer bolts were needed because I didn't shape the pocket to fit the neck heel.

FINALLY!!! something new to add variety on my collection(and still offset)...id love to add that jazzmaster on my collection. the classic/original Fender models are always better but God these are beautiful!!!...i find them more attractive than the blacktop series guitars. So what if it's Squier? So what if it's a stoptail? These guitars can be used in a different style. I also feel that these are better than the Xaviere models. If only Fender released their Blacktop series in this colors... Anyway Squier has always been the best thing nearest to a Fender. GAS IS KICKING AGAIN!!!! :twisted:

FINALLY!!! something new to add variety on my collection(and still offset)...id love to add that jazzmaster on my collection. the classic/original Fender models are always better but God these are beautiful!!!...i find them more attractive than the blacktop series guitars. So what if it's Squier? So what if it's a stoptail? These guitars can be used in a different style. I also feel that these are better than the Xaviere models. If only Fender released their Blacktop series in this colors... Anyway Squier has always been the best thing nearest to a Fender. GAS IS KICKING AGAIN!!!! :twisted:

Yeah I was gonna pick up one of these as well when they were released because I don't have the funds for a real Jaguar so I was going to get the Squier one, but a visit to GC I found a Squier '51 for $99 bucks. I always wanted one of these and I think they did a great job combining a Strat body, with a Tele neck, and some P-Bass aesthetics. I also admire that the '51 is such a great value, and this goes to my guitar doctor next week for some surgery. I'll post pictures when it's back :D, but you should check on the Squier '51's and I think Squier should bring back the '51 so everyone can have one!

Yeah I was gonna pick up one of these as well when they were released because I don't have the funds for a real Jaguar so I was going to get the Squier one, but a visit to GC I found a Squier '51 for $99 bucks. I always wanted one of these and I think they did a great job combining a Strat body, with a Tele neck, and some P-Bass aesthetics. I also admire that the '51 is such a great value, and this goes to my guitar doctor next week for some surgery. I'll post pictures when it's back :D, but you should check on the Squier '51's and I think Squier should bring back the '51 so everyone can have one!

It is funny that guitars people really like don't get reissued while Fender pumps out Teles and Strats like there is no tomorrow.

Congrats on the 51! I used to have one but I sold it because I thought I no longer wanted it.

It's probably the only guitar of mine that I have sold that I have ended up regretting. I recently sold my Squier Deluxe strat and I might start missing that also.

Here's a couple of pics of my 51. I know it doesn't belong here, but it won't hurt anyone :-D

DSC00106-1.jpg

DSC00108-1.jpg

DSC00110-1.jpg

Congrats on the 51! I used to have one but I sold it because I thought I no longer wanted it.

It's probably the only guitar of mine that I have sold that I have ended up regretting. I recently sold my Squier Deluxe strat and I might start missing that also.

Here's a couple of pics of my 51. I know it doesn't belong here, but it won't hurt anyone :-D

DSC00106-1.jpg

DSC00108-1.jpg

DSC00110-1.jpg

Very cool looking! You have my sympathy. It is beautiful.