wadeaminute

New Squier Jaguar and Jazzmaster

It is funny that guitars people really like don't get reissued while Fender pumps out Teles and Strats like there is no tomorrow.

agreed to this...but it's also a fact that most kids are attracted to old school strats & teles (supply and demand) :smile:

Back on the topic, here's some demo clips of the upcoming Squier Jaguar and Jazzmaster:

Jazzmaster

• Like 1

Jaguar

The guitars are "Crafted in Indonesia" as seen in the demo...the Jaguar looks like a bastard son of the Cyclone(pickups) and the Jagmaster(overall shape and features). They should have called it the "Jag-clone" or something :razz::razz::razz:

• Like 1

The guitars are "Crafted in Indonesia" as seen in the demo...the Jaguar looks like a bastard son of the Cyclone(pickups) and the Jagmaster(overall shape and features). They should have called it the "Jag-clone" or something :razz::razz::razz:

Seems like the Jaguar has more in common with a Musicmaster than a Jaguar other than the body shape. I like the butterscotch one. Any color named after food = <3

Congrats on the 51! I used to have one but I sold it because I thought I no longer wanted it.

It's probably the only guitar of mine that I have sold that I have ended up regretting. I recently sold my Squier Deluxe strat and I might start missing that also.

Here's a couple of pics of my 51. I know it doesn't belong here, but it won't hurt anyone :-D

Yours is gorgeous man, nice choice on the knobs.

Mine is fully stock with a white pickguard.

Do you know if they still make aftermarket replacement

pickguards? I was looking at going black with my sunburst too but can't

find one :(

Thanks for the congrats though, they really are without of doubt the most impressive Squier ever released in my opinion.

I had always heard that but you really have to play it to understand where people are coming from. Impressive considering

at one point they were on blowout at GC for $70 bucks!

Yours is gorgeous man, nice choice on the knobs.

Mine is fully stock with a white pickguard.

Do you know if they still make aftermarket replacement

pickguards? I was looking at going black with my sunburst too but can't

find one :(

Thanks for the congrats though, they really are without of doubt the most impressive Squier ever released in my opinion.

I had always heard that but you really have to play it to understand where people are coming from. Impressive considering

at one point they were on blowout at GC for $70 bucks!

Yeah, they are great players, I found the neck to be silky smooth, great profile. I liked the sound of the 51 neck pickup so much I had one installed as a middle pickup on my Jagmaster. Mine was heavily modified (even when I bought it), and I've never had the pleasure of playing a stock 51 bridge pickup.

As for replacement pickguards, guitarfetish still sell them. I bought 2 in my days; a tiger pearl one that didn't fit at all, and a 3-ply black that I had cut into the design that you see in the pic. I'm not too sure where else to get them.

agreed to this...but it's also a fact that most kids are attracted to old school strats & teles (supply and demand) :smile:

Back on the topic, here's some demo clips of the upcoming Squier Jaguar and Jazzmaster:

Jazzmaster

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

Why do some people just REFUSE to play clean during a demo???

Sure we can hear what the amp sounds like, but very little about what the guitar sounds like.

Seems like the Jaguar has more in common with a Musicmaster than a Jaguar other than the body shape. I like the butterscotch one. Any color named after food = <3

hmmm...Musicmaster? :blink:...your probably referring to the stoptail. I think the Jagmaster is a more fitting comparison(before a Jaguar). Anyway I really LOVE the Butterscotch Jazzy :rolleyes:

hmmm...Musicmaster? :blink:...your probably referring to the stoptail. I think the Jagmaster is a more fitting comparison(before a Jaguar). Anyway I really LOVE the Butterscotch Jazzy :rolleyes:

You are right. :) I wrote Musicmaster thinking Jazzmaster.

so they are alive...finally saw them on evilbay for real :smile: ...price = $299.99, check these out:

squier jazzmaster(butterscotch blonde)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Squier-Vintage-Modified-Jazzmaster-Special-/290537158285?pt=Guitar&hash=item43a55d368d

squier jaguar(fiesta red)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Squier-Vintage-Modified-Jaguar-HH-Fiesta-Red-/280633718664?pt=Guitar&hash=item415712b788

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

Why do some people just REFUSE to play clean during a demo???

Sure we can hear what the amp sounds like, but very little about what the guitar sounds like.

Heres one:

http://musikborsen.se/itempg.aspx?id=969451&artno=177848

I've got a Yamaha Acoustic (see link) that I love, the neck is just the right size for me!

The thing is that I've always wanted a Electric guitar and of course an "offset".

Now I finally got a steady job and got money to spend, money to spend on me!

So when I saw that Squier did release these guitars last month I was thrilled to try one out, this would be the first time with an offset for me.

I went to the shop to get my hands on the Jazzmaster, to see if it was as fun to play as it was to adore.

To my disappointment I didnt feel nothing! Sadness came upon me as the grey clouds got darker!

All this was becouse the thickness of the neck, it feltlike holding a great redwood in my hand! (Not that Im a small person, im above average in hight and dont think I've got minihands)

But I wouldnt give up without a fight, I cant!

Now when I can get a guitar I dont just want one, I need one.

Is it the Jaguar or is it me?

Do the Jazzmaster too have a thick neck?

Or is it possible that I've gotten to used by the "thin" neck of my Yamaha?

I tried both today (and I liked the Jazzmaster neck shape), but went home with the Fiesta Red Jaguar. Very happy with it.

I might put a tele bridge and pickup on it at some point, but it works pretty well stock.

(This makes 16 guitars.)

I tried both today (and I liked the Jazzmaster neck shape), but went home with the Fiesta Red Jaguar. Very happy with it.

I might put a tele bridge and pickup on it at some point, but it works pretty well stock.

(This makes 16 guitars.)

Was the JM's neck thinner then the Jag?

I didn't measure the necks, but my memory of the Jazzmaster neck was that it felt both slightly narrower (width) and rounder (depth) on the back at the first few frets.

I'm getting used to the Jaguar's neck now, and it is OK, too.

I was downtown and tried the Jazzmaster today and Wow!

Even if I didnt plug it in, still wow!

Great neck, felt like it was made for me and great weight of the whole guitar.

Was much more satisfied with the Jazzmaster then the Jaguar, but that just me.

The only problem now is if I would be satisfied without the tremolo and maple neck.

Read before that the holes for the stall is not the same as for a fender JM tremolo, must fill up and make new.

Maple, how would it work for doom metalish music? big nono?

I was downtown and tried the Jazzmaster today and Wow!

Even if I didnt plug it in, still wow!

Great neck, felt like it was made for me and great weight of the whole guitar.

Was much more satisfied with the Jazzmaster then the Jaguar, but that just me.

The only problem now is if I would be satisfied without the tremolo and maple neck.

Read before that the holes for the stall is not the same as for a fender JM tremolo, must fill up and make new.

Maple, how would it work for doom metalish music? big nono?

If you play metal, the most important thing is a high gain amp. Of course maple vs. rosewood fretboard makes a difference. But I wouldnt consider a Jazzmaster with single coils a metal guitar in the first place...

You're right. But would the maple fretboard (dispute pup's) stop me for getting a warm and fat sound, like Kyuss or Fu Manchu, even if I changed the pups?

You're right. But would the maple fretboard (dispute pup's) stop me for getting a warm and fat sound, like Kyuss or Fu Manchu, even if I changed the pups?

There is a differnce between maple and rosewood fretboard, but i dont think a maple fretboard would stop you from getting a good metal sound.

Listen to Eric Johnsons lead tone, fat and juicy, and he mostly plays Strats with maple fretboard. Not metal, but you get the picture :)

Of course, even with single coil pickups(like any other pickup), you can do alot with a good amp and different pedals to get the sound you are after. And the Kyuss/Fu Manchu sound is definatly within reach!

Hopes this helps, Stian

With those clean samples I am surprised that I actually like the Jazzmaster better. The bridge pickup in it is nice and bright. (How I like 'em.) I am just kind of torn about the branding and where it was made. I don't want to worry about quality control issues. I feel safer with a Made in Japan stamp vs mexico or Indonesia, or other...

There is a differnce between maple and rosewood fretboard, but i dont think a maple fretboard would stop you from getting a good metal sound.

Listen to Eric Johnsons lead tone, fat and juicy, and he mostly plays Strats with maple fretboard. Not metal, but you get the picture :)

Of course, even with single coil pickups(like any other pickup), you can do alot with a good amp and different pedals to get the sound you are after. And the Kyuss/Fu Manchu sound is definatly within reach!

Hopes this helps, Stian

That helped alot, and I know the difference between maple and rosewood aint that huge like in old times.

Think the Jazzmaster will be mine in the end of the next week! :)

Ty!

Dave Murray from Iron Maiden has spend most of his career playing a strat with a maple fretboard. Not the metal guitar that one would expect, but it seems to work fine.

That helped alot, and I know the difference between maple and rosewood aint that huge like in old times.

Think the Jazzmaster will be mine in the end of the next week! :)

Ty!

We expect pictures and a review when it arrives :)

#### didnt pickone up for the last past weeks!

Flue and stuff at work makes me a occupied dude.

Never the less I'm still up for the Jazzy, but!

BUT!

Over at OSG i saw some people talking about a new J. Mascis sig JM?

And that this was a Squier take on? I think I'll rather be waiting for that and maybe get a stock Trem right on?